Unusual noise

shadowman98

Jun 14, 2023
Ok, hopefully someone here or might know of someone that might have or had this same issue, I am getting a squeeching (fingernails on a chalkboard sound) noise only when I am riding above 25mph and decelerating. It doesn't matter what gear or speed as long as it's above 25mph. It only makes the noise when decelerating. If I decelerate and pull in the clutch it does not make the noise. Today I secured the bike on the lift with the rear wheel off the lift and ran the bike. I ran it above 30mph and through a few gears and decelerated no noise. It's not the engine, hydraulics, shocks or throttle body. No signs of any type of engine leak. At this point I believe it is possibly a bearing in the tranny.

Have you checked drive belt for alignment or any damage? Or it could be the friction plates in the clutch pack starting to go.

Reactions: shadowman98
Have you checked drive belt for alignment or any damage? Or it could be the friction plates in the clutch pack starting to go.
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that the noise was coming from the clutch/tranny but I was kind of hoping someone had this same issue to confirm my guess. Much appreciated for the response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14