2007 Street Glide

Andy_Tres

Apr 12, 2021
Hello everyone,
I am looking into buying my first HD and first larger bike. I'm looking at an 07 Street glide. This may be a dumb question but can that year model do highway cruising speeds (i.e. 70-85 mph)? I'm also wondering,cause I am about 5'7", if any other shorter riders know if its difficult to see over the fairing while you ride. The bike isn't near where I live and want to get some ideas about what I can expect before I make the trip to get it. Any and all info is much appreciated.

Welcome to the fun. If possible you should go test ride the bike before you buy it. You should be able to see over the fairing and you want a windshield you can look over not through. As far as keeping up on the highway speeds it should handle that easily.

Good luck and keep us posted

My 2008 Streetglide runs great at highway speeds. The 6 speed is great for lower RPM cruising.

I'm 5'8" and have a 6" smoked windshield - it's perfect. Any taller is too high, any lower the winds hits the helmet and any darker I can't see right in front of the bike. Especially at low speed.

You maybe interested in checking out a low profile seat depending on what's on there now so you can sit / stand flat footed when stopped. Very important for all rider's safety regardless of the kind of street bike. My $.02

Hello everyone,
I am looking into buying my first HD and first larger bike. I'm looking at an 07 Street glide. This may be a dumb question but can that year model do highway cruising speeds (i.e. 70-85 mph)? I'm also wondering,cause I am about 5'7", if any other shorter riders know if its difficult to see over the fairing while you ride. The bike isn't near where I live and want to get some ideas about what I can expect before I make the trip to get it. Any and all info is much appreciated.

Just moved up to a street glide (first HD too) from a Yamaha V-Max. It was a big change but absolutely love it. I was kicking the idea around for a couple of years and now the only thing I’m kicking is myself for not doing it sooner. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
streetglyder