120 to 114 to 113 Twin Cam Engine Rebuild

Sounds like you're getting close hulk. Will you please post pics of the breather line setup once you get it installed?

Here's my breather setup on a 58mm S&S Stealth air filter using the stock H-D breather bolts and 7/32 I.D. rubber tubing:

IMG_1921.jpg

I routed the hose all the way back to the bottom of the rear fender behind the tire:

IMG_1922.jpg

Basically nothing to see with the gas tank and filter cover in place:

IMG_1924.jpg

I just fired it up for a few heat cycles and checked the Cranking Cylinder Pressure (CCP). Measured about 205 psi. This is before break-in so the build seems real good.

No time to ride it till next week:(

The bike is running great. The H-D Smart Tune Pro Automatic Tuning Module is doing its job. I could notice the tune being dialed in as I rode the bike. The SE-585 cam provides instant throttle response and a great amount of mid-range torque. Very fun to ride.

SE-585

smart-tune-pro-automatic-tuning-module

Nice job hulk! I expect nothing less from you. I don't know how in the heck I missed the breather setup after I asked for pics. I'm just now seeing this today. Does the bike feel a whole lot different than it did with the previous build? Any plans to put it on a dyno to see what kind of power it makes?

Nice job hulk! I expect nothing less from you. I don't know how in the heck I missed the breather setup after I asked for pics. I'm just now seeing this today. Does the bike feel a whole lot different than it did with the previous build? Any plans to put it on a dyno to see what kind of power it makes?

There is noticeably more power available at cruise RPM.

Before: SE-259E cam - Pass in 3rd gear from 4000 to 6000 rpm with your hair on fire:eek:
Now: SE-585 cam - Pass in 4th gear from 3000 to 4500 rpm with a big grin on your face:)

I may put it on a dyno for a pull if I happen by one and need a new rear tire anyway.

The H-D auto-tuner seems to be doing its job. I will record some data and update the VE tables but probably not until springtime.

Did your air filter become saturated with oil over time prior to installing the breather hose?

Did your air filter become saturated with oil over time prior to installing the breather hose?

The breather oil used to go into the throttle body so the filter was fine. The intake was always oily inside and the pistons and intake valves had more carbon than I like to see when I disassembled the engine. I decided to go with an external breather hose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
streetglyder