124" time...

Fatbob Frank

May 11, 2017
I was considering trading it off but, after discussing it with the wife I decided to do some engine work and keep it.

I'm looking at getting a 124" S&S big bore kit installed.
550 cam- (but my shop says they just came out with a 540 that offers better torque, and frankly I'd prefer more torque so I'll probably go that route.)
S&S oil pump.
extra power Valve springs
extra power clutch springs
injectors.
and a Sidewinder 2into1...

I don't race anybody(just my own demons) but it shouldn't be boring...

Is there something wrong with your motor now or did you just want to upgrade? I’ve been eyeing the 124 myself as I need to rebuild my top end anyway and that is why I’m asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will see what the winter brings but I think I'm doing the same thing. Did the 110 tire shredder kit but lost a base gasket and the cylinder is getting egg shaped. In comes the S&S 124 because if you price everything it looks like the cheapest way right now to get what I want. Have some more research and kits to look at before I pull the trigger.

I made the mistake of test driving a new Indian Challenger.
Now I'm rethinking the whole 124" cause I may be trading it off soon.
I did have a top end done over the winter to replace a blown head gasket and had all new steel core gaskets and S&S bolts installed, plus a 2into1 Sidewinder.
Runs and sounds great right now but I have motorcycle A,D,D so by fall I may be into something else...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469