2-Up Seat comparison?

tsmith0605

Jan 15, 2017
(Forum Newbie & first post) Excited as heck to get my new SGS in 6 weeks. Need to be ready with a seat for the wife out of the gate. Struggling deciding between the Hammock, Sundowner, Ultra seat, or the Mustang Summit. Leaning toward the Summit, but worried about any change in riding position. (Love the stock riding position. ) Thoughts/Experiences? Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Welcome to the fun. Your position will change with all of those seats but it maybe for the better. Are you tall or short ?? I wouldn't let your wife ride too far on the stock one or maybe you do then anything would be better lol. It's a personnel choice on what fit's you the best because something I like you may hate. We are all different so it's hard to give good feed back on seats. All the seats you have listed are good seat so have them put some on and try them out as the dealer should have a loner program to get the one you want. Get the tall back rest and big cushion and she will be happy.

Good luck and keep us posed on your choice.

Thanks TomA! I'm 5'11 & 205, wife is 5'5 & 140 ( and I hope like hell she never sees this lol). The stock position fit like a glove for me, but the wife is all about a touring seat for good reason. I've had a good experience with Mustang in the past, but I'm worried about the position change. I also caught a post mentioning Mean City Cycles seat mods. Gonna take your advice and just see about trying a few out.

I hear you on the wife thing mine rides her own so lucky there. Just picked up an ultra seat from Mojo but no time on it yet with the weather. Had my stock seat reworked by a local shop and they just added a gel pad and I can stay in it all day long now.

I'm also looking for a good 2 up seat as the passenger pillion is really bad and slopes back actually. Looking at all the ones you are except Im looking at the Mustang Regal. Like Tom suggested I already got the tall backrest with the big pad and I'm considering the grab rails like my Nomad had. I'm shorter than you at 5'7" so I would like to be a little closer to the bars. I believe both Ultra seats do this but the Ultra Low lowers you about an inch. Pending a demo with a Sundowner that is what Im leaning towards. Both Ultra seats can be had on eBay for about $200. Let us know how you make out.

(Forum Newbie & first post) Excited as heck to get my new SGS in 6 weeks. Need to be ready with a seat for the wife out of the gate. Struggling deciding between the Hammock, Sundowner, Ultra seat, or the Mustang Summit. Leaning toward the Summit, but worried about any change in riding position. (Love the stock riding position. ) Thoughts/Experiences? Thanks!!

Hi and welcome,

First, be aware that the stock Street Glide seat drivers position is Approximately 1 1/2" farther toward the rear of the bike than the Harley Ultra, And all the full dress baggers. A tape measure at your local dealer will confirm this.
After a couple of tries I settled on the Mustang Summit seat and both my wife and I are very pleased. The driver position on the Mustang Summit is about 1/4" farther back than the stock SG seat or about 1-3/4" farther back than a stock ULTRA.
The Mustang also has a ridged fiberglass seat pan with rubber contacts to the frame for a much smoother ride and no flex when two up like the H D seats which have a cheesy flexible plastic seat pan with no frame isolation and subject flexing or collapsing in the middle
Blues

Last edited:
Hi and welcome,

First, be aware that the stock Street Glide seat drivers position is Approximately 1 1/2" farther toward the rear of the bike than the Harley Ultra, And all the full dress baggers. A tape measure at your local dealer will confirm this.
After a couple of tries I settled on the Mustang Summit seat and both my wife and I are very pleased. The driver position on the Mustang Summit is about 1/4" farther back than the stock SG seat or about 1-3/4" farther back than a stock ULTRA.
The Mustang also has a ridged fiberglass seat pan with rubber contacts to the frame for a much smoother ride and no flex when two up like the H D seats which have a cheesy flexible plastic seat pan with no frame isolation and subject flexing or collapsing in the middle
Blues
That's a huge help! I'll never notice a 1l4" difference. I was thinking the Summit was back 1.5+ inches from the stock Street Glide seat.

I'm also looking for a good 2 up seat as the passenger pillion is really bad and slopes back actually. Looking at all the ones you are except Im looking at the Mustang Regal. Like Tom suggested I already got the tall backrest with the big pad and I'm considering the grab rails like my Nomad had. I'm shorter than you at 5'7" so I would like to be a little closer to the bars. I believe both Ultra seats do this but the Ultra Low lowers you about an inch. Pending a demo with a Sundowner that is what Im leaning towards. Both Ultra seats can be had on eBay for about $200. Let us know how you make out.
Sounds like you're looking for the Limited Low position. I felt way up on the tank when sitting on it, but it might be a great fit for your height/reach.

Sounds like you're looking for the Limited Low position. I felt way up on the tank when sitting on it, but it might be a great fit for your height/reach.

If it's anything like the "Reach Seat" I demoed I may not go for the Low. Reach seat was extremely uncomfortable to me.

That's why you have to try them for your self and now you know.

Well, after much consideration I ended up ordering a Mustang super touring seat today. Input from the forum is greatly appreciated. I hope to be able to repay the favor and help someone else or in the future. Cheers!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469