2010 SG seat and back rest compatability

Jordan1200

Nov 22, 2018
I have a stock 2010 SG, if I am looking for alternate seats, and back rest options.
What years and models will fit from other HD years and models?
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Personally, I wouldn't bother swapping it for another one from HD because, with their plastic base and poor finish, they aren't in the same class as aftermarket alternatives. Le Pera's Maverick takes some beating in terms of comfort, quality, and back support.

Personally, I wouldn't bother swapping it for another one from HD because, with their plastic base and poor finish, they aren't in the same class as aftermarket alternatives. Le Pera's Maverick takes some beating in terms of comfort, quality, and back support.
Thanks for the response, I may get a better one later but since the actual purchase was hard enough I have to wait on better.
Doesn't the one you mentioned pur you closer to the tank? If so, don't want that.

There are so many choices on seats out there it's ridiculous. Use the search menu in the upper right hand corner and look at what others have done to theirs.

I really liked the sundowner I had on my 14. I reshaped the back a little (squared it up where the seat rises) and it did wonderfully. It's big down side is it doesn't look all that classy on a bagger so if that is a concern of yours you probably won't want it. It's a touring seat after all. Mustang seats work well for me but many don't like the stiffness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I really liked the sundowner I had on my 14. I reshaped the back a little (squared it up where the seat rises) and it did wonderfully. It's big down side is it doesn't look all that classy on a bagger so if that is a concern of yours you probably won't want it. It's a touring seat after all. Mustang seats work well for me but many don't like the stiffness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks, this is off of a 2017 road glide ultra. Trying to determine how I feel about the look. It is real comfy..
Thoughts? I wonder what back thst and sissybar would be a good match
85eca1179b4d679625fb9debcb6e667e.jpg
4634de9b518603540474f1d1dfd7705f.jpg
7dc0171b0bab6a9fa491f52643f1a2b7.jpg
b1600d28f6ba6a46ca2851adba56a5ec.jpg

One thing about that seat is the other half will like it. Just get the tall sissy bar and pad should match the seat. If your tall this seat will push you forward a lot from stock. I have one and had it redone this fall to push me back and down a little to get off the tank. Wife loves it and can ride all day without complaints of her butt hurting.

One thing about that seat is the other half will like it. Just get the tall sissy bar and pad should match the seat. If your tall this seat will push you forward a lot from stock. I have one and had it redone this fall to push me back and down a little to get off the tank. Wife loves it and can ride all day without complaints of her butt hurting.
I am not tall only 5"9" Who modified your seat? Doubt it's in Canada near GTA..

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

No it's not close to Canada but if you have a good upholstery shop they can give it a try. The guy who worked on mine is in Reno Nv and he dose a really good job this is the second seat he has worked on for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469