2014 Seat

Designflaw

Dec 18, 2013
I'm 6'-3 and around 270. I would like to move back a bit. I also would like to give my wife a bit more to sit on so this complicates things. In talking with the dealer, there are options but he tells me that they look like crap without the passenger backrest on at all times which I don't want.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Three suggestions;
A. Look at what other people have done with seats on theirs. This includes viewing SG pics on various forums.
B. My HD dealer has an assortment of "demo" seats available to try out, does yours?
C. Get some seat ideas from Youtube and Seat websites. If you see something that appeals, check it out.

I sent my 2014 SGS stock seat to MeanCity Cycles and had the super narrow with memory foam modification for $135.00. Absolutely fantastic!! I now sit 2 inches lower and can easily get both feet on the ground. ( i'm 5' 5" tall ) The memory foam feels stiff at first but then conforms to you as you ride and is by far the best seat I have ever owned by far, and I have had them all believe me. If you go to their website you will see that they offer every possible combination of modification for every size rider and riding style. You can even add a heating option and fancy leather work if you wish. The price cannot be beat and the quality of the work is excellent.

Solo seat from Rich's customs in Kingston Wa.

Solo seat from Rich's customs in Kingston Wa.

Over here in the PACNORWEST I had a custom seat done at Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston, WA. A solo seat with foam and gel pads. Not very tall (5' 6") I went with the super reduced from Harley aka the ball crusher. Hated the look and feel. Bought a Harley solo Brawler seat and had Rich do his thing. Took all day but was well worth it. Seat is phenomenal, rides and feels great. cost was $900.00. A bit pricey but well worth it because I will never have to worry about another seat on that bike again. Great customer service and the quality of work was outstanding. If your in the PACNORWEST and looking for a nice custom seat, Rich and the boys are the ones to see.

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 0
I would try MeanCity Cycles, give them a call and tell them what you want. They should be able to take care of your needs. They are located in NC and do great work. I had them redo my seat and now it fits the way it should.

Iam 6'3 just put a mustang super tour with remove able backrest my wife loves it it puts ya back a little bit more great door tall guys and it's there number one seller ,, doesn't look too bad either . Tried Harley's tall boy seat "ugly" didn't feel right . The mustang has good quality good looks . We rode 800 plus miles in a few days and felt great ... And that was a first ....lol. Our 3rd Harley I had Harley Corbin and mustang seats . Corbin or mustang I would recommend . We went to a rally where these guys are set up and can answer all you questions .. Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469