2014 Street Glide Special Starting Issue

c.perkins

Oct 17, 2019
I have a 2014 SGS. Installed a new battery in Aug 2022. I work out the country so when at work my nephew rides my bike and takes care of it until i return home from work. Last night he took it off the trickle charger and tried to start the bike ( all gauges worked properly and he heard the fuel pump kick in/on) but the bike would not start. He used his jump starter and the bike started right up. Had the same problem last year and that when i decided to change the battery. Is there any other things i should/need to check to find out what is causing this issue again.?????????

Did you install a Harley battery that had lead connection terminals that are flush with battery case so you just hook up leads directly to battery, or is it an aftermarket battery that has recessed connection points that require the use of provided spacers. As stated above make sure connections to battery are secured and also check the ground cable to the frame. Also as stated above the trickle charger could have gone bad. I use a battery tender trickle charger and had one go bad after 10 years of use. It is all about the cranking amps the battery has.

As stated above, check your cable connections at the battery and frame, plus check the positive cable connection at the starter too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clive Miller