Anyone put a police solo seat on an SG

Jordan1200

Nov 22, 2018
I am looking for solo seat options for my 2010 SG. Always thought the police seats look comfortable but not sure about the look.
Anyone running one? Pictures thoughts and options welcome.
Another attractive thing about the police seat is the seem.pretty cheap on ebay.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Ok, here is a repost:

Having owned a Harley Police Bike, I'm a fan of the police solo seat. The seat has its own suspension system to greatly reduce ride harshness that gets to you through the seat. New for 2013 is a spring and damper coil-over design that replaces the previous undamped air bag suspension. I've listed the new parts needed below or you can search the web for take-offs from retired police bikes. If you ride solo and don't mind a higher seating position, the comfort of this seat is second to none.

Suspension.jpgFire-ElectraGlide_Stock.jpg

View attachment Seat Parts.pdf

Just installed a police solo saddle on a 2017 SGS. Tremendous difference in comfort for me, 6'1", 32.5" inseam. Wow...what a difference. I can now get my feet on the boards without shifting way back in the saddle (Harley Tallboy touring saddle) and it puts me in a more comfortable upright position with a neutral hip and knee angle. I just rode it 50 miles...LOVE IT!
SGS.1.jpg
SGS.2 (2).jpg

Just installed a police solo saddle on a 2017 SGS. Tremendous difference in comfort for me, 6'1", 32.5" inseam. Wow...what a difference. I can now get my feet on the boards without shifting way back in the saddle (Harley Tallboy touring saddle) and it puts me in a more comfortable upright position with a neutral hip and knee angle. I just rode it 50 miles...LOVE IT!
View attachment 15045
View attachment 15046
Looks really comfortable, is it? Do you have the air system installed?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I had one on my 2008, it was really comfortable, but I didn't like the way it looked on my bike.

I am selling mine, if you're interested. $300 plus the ride. It has the new coilover mount.

A friend of mine did it to his street glide and liked it. His waist size was 54 though.

I bought 5280Ruffian’s seat last week. Met him locally to pick it up. Installed it a few days ago, it’s in great shape. It’s comfortable to sit on, and as others said it does sit you higher off the ground. I’m looking forward to testing it out when the weather warms up a little. A typical day-ride is usually 200-300 miles, I’m curious how this seat will feel for those.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77