Bolt on Cam

NWMAStreetGlide

May 14, 2023
Hi to all the Street Glide fans,,, I have a 21 FLHX,, I’ve put just under 15k miles on it,, I absolutely love the bike!
I’m considering a cam upgrade, get a bit more torque, and of course the incredible rumble at idle,,, my question is, can I add just a bolt on cam? Is it worth it not to do bearings, lifters, rods, oil pump? Of course it’s a money issue,, so I’m hoping for know to just add the bolt on cam,,, but I’m a bit unsure,,

Thank you for any advice,,, ride safe!

With almost 15k miles I would change out the cam bearing and lifters. The pushrods would need to be cut if not removing the rocker covers and rockers. The oil pump can be reused if there is no scoring on the gerotors and surfaces.

With almost 15k miles I would change out the cam bearing and lifters. The pushrods would need to be cut if not removing the rocker covers and rockers. The oil pump can be reused if there is no scoring on the gerotors and surfaces.
Thank you for the advice,,, I think your right, with the 15k miles, and having everything open anyway, might as well get it done right first time ☘️

Reactions: binarym

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eduzueta