Chaps

Bluebowtie

May 27, 2014
After my cold ride today. I need a pair of chaps. What do you look for in a pair of chaps?

Sent from the mobile leash

BB.... i refused to pay the price for Harley chaps so the wife and i bought Milwaukee brand and Interstate brand. We got them at a place called Shopper Supply but noticed today they sell them at Fleet Farm if you have one where you live.. The other place i know of that sells those brands are Bomgaars.. I think they bought the Shopper Supply chain...

BB.... i refused to pay the price for Harley chaps so the wife and i bought Milwaukee brand and Interstate brand. We got them at a place called Shopper Supply but noticed today they sell them at Fleet Farm if you have one where you live.. The other place i know of that sells those brands are Bomgaars.. I think they bought the Shopper Supply chain...

We have Blane's Farm & Fleet instead of Mills Fleet Farm. Most of the products are the same

I agree, I would stay away from the overpriced HD product. I bought a pair from a motorcycle leather accessories shop and have been very happy with them. They really help in cold weather! Check out the video on You Tube on folding chaps for storage also elsewhere on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vntmmOwgQKo

I paid $60 for my chaps last year... and they are lined which helps in the cold weather riding. I got mine at a vendor at Street Vibrations 2013.

Go to leatherup.com and they have lots of choices at very good prices. A lot of times you can pick up some good chaps at biker events and you can try them on before purchase. Have a set of chaps and Jacket from leather up and I think the total was 145.00

Chaps

I just bought a set from Fox Creek Leather for $99 to my door.
Not lined

Get on your bad motor scooter and ride

Last edited:
I think the lining is a bonus as I dont get any coldness bleeding thu...

I removed the shoe lace in the rear waistband on mine and replaced it with cable tie wraps.

Ah zip ties. It's been many times I've used them as a belt. Well more of a pul my belt loops closer together type thing lol

Former Jersey Jeepers treasurer
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I broke down and bought a pair of HD deluxe chaps today. I found a pair in Kutters clearance section and got 15% more off the clearance price. $150 for $300 chaps. Think I did ok.

here is a mail order, never purchased from them. prices seem ok. I got my chaps 30 years ago, the lining is used to keep the denim from binding (causing your trousers to climb up your leg). I had mine fit, worth the cost . Fit like a glove.

http://www.jaminleather.com/

Recently-I replaced my boot laces with cable tie wraps. I have zippers on the side of my HD boots.

I visit Jaminleather every year I go to Myrtle Beach Bike Week. Yes prices are right and service is good.

I bought a pair of Unik Ultra brand Premium Buffalo leather lined. Man seriously they are awesome. Have had them for years very durable the liner is awesome,The quality of them has been perfect. Without a doubt get a mesh lined inside pair of chaps so they don't ride up and stick to the jeans as (Airhead) said. This way one can wear them in summer or winter and feel comfortable. Seriously look for Buffalo hide leather. Will get your money out of it for many years. They are around 150-175 the ones I have. Chaps are bought to last years not a year. Good luck brother. Ride safe

So my riding season is over with snow in the forecast on Thursday I dropped the scoot off at the dealer today for winter stroage. So my question is. Should I leave my chaps in the chap roll or hang them on a hanger for the off season?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith