Complete audio upgrade

Bigtigger24

Feb 24, 2022
Hello everyone, new to this great forum. I have a 2012 sg with the factory audio system. I'm looking to upgrade the head unit and 6.5. I will also add a amp and dsp. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Reactions: Street Glider Rider
I have a 2015 Street Glide and I have a JL Audio XD600/6V2 Amp, with a rockford fosgate signal processor, both mounted under the fairing, with Polk audio 6x9's in the bag lids and arch audio moto, 6.5 speakers in the fairing. After I changed out my handlebars, I put diamond audio tweeters where my factory mirrors were. I also have 8 inch Hertz mid bass in each bag. You can go as mild or as wild as your wallet will allow. LOL

Reactions: Street Glider Rider
I have a 2015 Street Glide Special with the factory radio and speakers (5.25") and am scheduled to have a Rockford Fosgate "2014+ Harley-Davidson® Road Glide® & Street Glide® 2-Speaker & Amp Kit" installed next week. Rather than trying to do it myself (and likely screwing something up), I purchased the complete kit and installation services from my local Rockford Fosgate Mobile Electronics Dealer. These guys are good and are even going to pickup and deliver my bike when they're done. Living in Northern Wisconsin, I don't have many options at this time of year and was glad to accept their offer.

Being a 2-speaker, 400 watt high performance audio system with 6.5” fairing speakers and a 400-watt amplifier. I believe this will be plenty enough sound for me and if it's not, the system's 2-channels for fairing speakers with 2 additional channels for expansion of a Tour Pack or saddlebag speakers without having to go back inside the fairing or remove the gas tank is a nice option to have. I'm pretty sure I don't want saddlebag speakers (I need all the space I've got) and KNOW that I will never add a tour pack to my SGS (already have the Premium H-D touring bags).

Although this particular kit won't work on your 2012, Rockford Fosgate have kits just for your your bike and after you check out their website, believe you'll like what you see.

I'll do my best to keep this thread updated with progress on my installation and will be hoping you find just what you're looking for to upgrade your audio system, too :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyBob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave