Help Harley's instructions haver confused

Bluebowtie

May 27, 2014
I'm trying to install 4piunt docking hardware on my 2014 SGS. The instructions show conflicting pictures and the PDF instructions on HD.com are a old revision.

I'm assembling the docking points and don't know witch figure has the correct placement of the large chrome washer. One figure has it on the bracket side of the docking point the other figure shows it on the bolt side. I feel very retarded.

Sent from the mobile leash

Thanks guys I watched it before posting. The kit he has is different from mine. His small screws are button head mine are flat. Guess I better wait until the sissy bar comes in so I can test fit everything.

Bluebowtie- I just put one on my bike and you are correct, HD directions are pretty crappy. Here's a picture of the right side on my mount, I put the washer one first one the rear peg. (the front is the peg on the left in the picture) I would wait for your sissy bar to arrive, put it on and test fit then adjust as needed. Once you have it fitted then tighten things down, I used blue locktite on the screws.

4point.jpg

Bluebowtie- I just put one on my bike and you are correct, HD directions are pretty crappy. Here's a picture of the right side on my mount, I put the washer one first one the rear peg. (the front is the peg on the left in the picture) I would wait for your sissy bar to arrive, put it on and test fit then adjust as needed. Once you have it fitted then tighten things down, I used blue locktite on the screws.

View attachment 2590

Thank you. My sissy bar will be here on Wednesday. I wanted to have the docking hardware on so I could ride to the dealer before work through it on. I doubt the box is gonna fit in a saddle bag.

It's all on now.
uzazenus.jpg

Help Harley's instructions haver confused

Not to be a buzz kill but next she will want a seat improvement.

How do I know ?

I just upgraded (received) the improvement yesterday.
It is a better (for long) rides but I will have to get use to the looks of a larger (couch cushion) seat.

ube6aqyp.jpg
uraqutav.jpg

Not to be a buzz kill but next she will want a seat improvement.

How do I know ?

I just upgraded (received) the improvement yesterday.
It is a better (for long) rides but I will have to get use to the looks of a larger (couch cushion) seat.

A mean city seat mod is in my future.

I wanted the short sissy bar but the parts guy said she will like the standard hight better.

She wanted a tour pack backrest. But I don't have a tour pack or the funding to buy one now.

Exhaust is next....

I would have preferred the short sissy bar myself but oh well.

My only problem with M.C. is that I didnt want to be without a seat for a while and she wanted improvement a....yesterday. lol
It cost me $160 (to the door) for the replacement so I didn't get screwed to badly.

I just did exhaust last week and man am I loving it, V & H Power duals with 4" monster rounds and a FP3.
You couldn't knock the smile off my face while I'm riding. :cool:

A mean city seat mod is in my future.

I wanted the short sissy bar but the parts guy said she will like the standard hight better.

She wanted a tour pack backrest. But I don't have a tour pack or the funding to buy one now.

Exhaust is next....

Last edited:
I would have preferred the short sissy bar myself but oh well.

My only problem with M.C. is that I didnt want to be without a seat for a while and she wanted improvement a....yesterday. lol
It cost me $160 (to the door) for the replacement so I didn't get screwed to badly.

I just did exhaust last week and man am I loving it, V & H Power duals with 4" monster rounds and a FP3.
You couldn't knock the smile off my face while I'm riding. :cool:

I'm waiting for winter storage season for the seat mod.

When I installed the docking hardware I had to use the stock bolts because the casting lines in the recessed hole would not allow the washer to fit in the hole

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469