HELP!!! Road Paint On Black Denim!!!!

purvistechie

Jul 6, 2015
I have a 2015 Black Denim Street Glide Special that I have managed to keep looking perfect since purchase. Last week I took a trip down to Sioux Falls for Hot Harley Nights (fund raiser for Make a Wish of South Dakota). After returning from a very hot weekend in SD and cleaning the bike, I noticed a fine spray of white paint all over the front of the bike.
I’ve tried EVERYTHING that I can think of to remove the paint and nothing works! Of course I’m being extremely careful to not rub on the paint too much.
I’ve tried a pressure washer right up to the spots, Harley Denim detailer, rubbing alcohol, a little carb cleaner and found Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint cleaner which advertises removing overspray from matte paint. NO LUCK!
I’ve always used WD40 on my cars to remove paint and tar but I’m nervous about putting that on my Matte paint.
Please help me! All suggestions are welcome, prefer tried methods!

Thank you!!

I was really hoping that there were some responses to this. I haven't kept mine looking perfect, but definitely good enough that the over spray looks horrendous.

If it's dried hard try a clay bar. Then rubbing compound if that does not work.

My GOD! Do not try the above suggestion of clay bar and rubbing compound! This will ruin your paint FOR SURE. You cannot RUB on flat black paint or it will no longer be flat!
I ended up having to live with it. I sold and purchased a nice gloss finish that I can rub on.

What's worse to you. Your new shiny finish, or "horrendous" looking overspray.

I've seen several formerly matt bikes that were polished and looked fine.

Go to a paint shop that paints bikes. They should know all about Harley paint. Very few can match OEM colors and so they end up paying dearly for the factory paint. Should be able to tell you how or if the flat color can be cleaned .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469