Men's Evolution Leather Jacket

JMeadows

Oct 30, 2013
I purchased the Men's Triple Vent System Evolution Waterproof Leather jacket & have found it to be very comfortable & warm. Have been riding in low 40 deg. weather with just a t-shirt & the liner in the coat. No wind gets through. I will have to wait until it gets hot to see how the Triple Venting works out. I bought it because it has the Body armor in the elbows, shoulders, and back. After my wreck last year I think that I'm going to try and wear more leather for protection. That asphalt just ground right through the 3 layers of cotton clothes on my elbows & back. Hopefully I never have to put it through the test. So far I think that it is a very good coat.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/evolution-waterproof-leather-jacket

Hey J, Did the armor come with the jacket or was it separate?

The jacket comes with armor in the elbows & shoulders but I had to buy the one for the back. The back one was $25. I got my HOG 15% discount at my local shop, so that helped some.
I also like it because it's not real flashy, I don't want to be a Harley Billboard.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info-I hear ya about being a Harley billboard ! I'll take a look at the jackets closer next time I'm at my dealer.

My Local Dealer didn't have one, (it's a small dealership) I had to go to Tacoma WA & look at one there.

Just saw this thread I am looking to but one of these jackets, how is it holding up? Also does anyone know if you get a discount on the HD website using your HOG membership?

thanks

I had a chance to look and wear this jacket . . . . . . Dang it's heavy !

Just saw this thread I am looking to but one of these jackets, how is it holding up? Also does anyone know if you get a discount on the HD website using your HOG membership?

thanks

I still love this Jacket. As Mojo said, yes it is heavy. I bought it at one of our monthly Hog meeting where my dealer gives discounts.
I had a Gerbing Heated jacket before I got this jacket but have not needed it since I bought this jacket. With liner out & vents open it is very comfortable in hot weather. I would buy it again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave