Need input

cobranick

Mar 4, 2019
I'm looking for input from people that have used aftermarket seats. I'm 5' 11" 250lbs. I'm kinda new street glides and the prices of seats are not cheap. I'm pretty uncomfortable after about 1hr of riding. I feel like I need to go back an inch or more. I ha e been doing as much research as possible, and came down to 2 seats. The danny gray airhawk xl and Corbin gunfighter. I'm definitely not stuck on those 2. Its just what I have come up with. Let me know what you guys use and what seems to be comfortable

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm 6-1 and about 230 and I had a local guy put a gel pad in my stock seat and I can ride it all day now. I know everybody is different on how they sit. This mite be an option to try and save some money. Had an ultra seat reworked last year and we had to recover it and it wasn't as cheap with leather cover. I use this one when the wife is riding with me and it's more for her comfort. I had him move me back and down to get me off the tank.

Yeah went out today and fingers in right hand were tingling and my back hurt within the 1st hr. Had to keep stopping ever 30 mins. Kinda annoying for a 25+ thousand dollar bike.

I'm 6'1" 250ish and find that a stock ultra classic seat is just fine for me. I don't feel too tall for the riding position and extra seat up back for the Mrs.

Thanks sand, I'm gonna go check out harleys seat program and see if they still do it. Before I go spending 6-700 on a seat. That's alot of coin to gamble on

What is Harley's Seat Program??? I have never heard of that

Also, interested in what you end up with. I was to so the exact same push back a couple inches and down an inch or two

Go to the parts desk and give them your seat and they will let you borrow a seat of your choice to try out. I ended up with a cvo seat. It's a bit expensive l, but I can do up to 400 miles in a day without a ton of pain. Seats are different for everyone so try to sit on as many as possible to see what's comfortable for you. And not what's comfortable for someone else. I learned that the hard way

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

6' 250#. I went with a Mustang solo (added a pillion).
For me it is perfect, all day comfort.
I think part of my shoulder blade, back pain was handlebar issue.
Found the right bar height, angle for me and it was like a new bike.

Good Luck...

I had my seat modified by Mean City Cycles, http://www.meancitycycles.com/, they shaved the front to make my legs more straight at stops, did a banana cut to remove the sore tailbone, and added memory foam. She said at 157 lbs, I was to light for the impact insert. This was the 3rd seat they have done for me, all have been great.

I’ve had numerous bikes. Have 3 now. I will always stick with mustang touring seats. I’ve had back surgeries. Still have serious back pain, tingling, etc, just ordered a mustang super touring heated seat for my CVO streetglide that should be here today! Can’t wait!!

I've been through quite a few aftermarket seats over the years. Last year, I had Mean City Cycles modify the seat on my '14. I'll never buy another aftermarket seat again.

I bought the Hammock seat for my wife mostly. But that is a very comfortable seat. It’s a pretty big seat, so not sporty looking. But I’ve ridden about 10 hours in a day with it and it was no problem for me.

I'm looking for input from people that have used aftermarket seats. I'm 5' 11" 250lbs. I'm kinda new street glides and the prices of seats are not cheap. I'm pretty uncomfortable after about 1hr of riding. I feel like I need to go back an inch or more. I ha e been doing as much research as possible, and came down to 2 seats. The danny gray airhawk xl and Corbin gunfighter. I'm definitely not stuck on those 2. Its just what I have come up with. Let me know what you guys use and what seems to be comfortable

I think those seats would look good, but the Hammock seat might be the most comfortable. You can go to your Harley dealer and usually try some seats out before you buy them. That’s what I did.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last year I had mean city cycles redo my seat for my 2015 Street Glide. The seat looks better and is a little more comfortable but I still think I need a more comfortable seat if I want to do a 500+ mile trip. I'm 6'1, 235lbs. Any recommendations?

I had a Lepera and really like it on the Roadglide. They are hand made.
But I have a HD tall boy now. You can go to your local HD shop and try before you buy. It’s a couple of hundred cheaper than the Lepera I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77