Non traditional riding apparel ideas

Jster171

Sep 9, 2012
Coming over to a Street Glide after riding sport bikes for the past 20yrs. I am not a big fan of the traditional leather jackets etc that we see with a lot of riders. No offense, just not my personal taste. During the warm months, riding attire is no problem, I am a T-shirt and jeans kinda guy. But when it gets below 65, I start looking for some sleeves. My sport bike gear just won't cut it with this bike. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't do the whole leather thing myself, God knows I've tried. I have two different jackets I wear, can't tell you what they are made of but they are light and comfortable. One thing I have found that really seems to make a difference for me is wearing a hoody under the jacket it seems to block air from entering around the neck area and is just plain comfy. I don't care what others think about me I am all about riding comfortably not looking cool and for me leather is heavy and just not all that warm.

Ahh yes, thread resurrection. :)

I've had some cool mornings going to work, 39-40° type stuff. I've been wearing a BILT synthetic jacket with a removable liner. I typically don't use the liner, buy instead run a sweat shirt. The lower half is jeans and my Danners. I stay pretty warm on the upper half with this set up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave