P&A connector won't secure clip

havinabubble

May 27, 2019
I've just successfully fitted a Sena FREEWIRE to my 2017 FLHXS, and part of the instal instructions
was to fit the RIDER HEADSET CONNECTOR KIT from H-D.

1. Install ground wire
  2. Remove seal pin from cavity 12 of P&A connector [280] (2)
  3. Install the pin end of the ground wire into cavity 12 of P&A connector [280]

...now most of the white seal pin in cavity 12 had been snapped off, so I suspect that a previous owner has attempted to remove it.

I eventually managed to remove the remaining white plastic bung, using a de-pin tool... but it wasn't easy IMHO

But when I came to CLIP the male to the female... for the love of Harley, I could not get them to mate far enough for the secure clip to latch.

Its connected, as everything is working fine, and for now I've run electrical tape around it to prevent it shaking lose.

But has anyone got any tips on how to make the P&A connector mate with its counterpart and CLIP securely?

TIA

Hmmm.... Possibly a wire tip that broke if in the female end and causing an obstruction in there. Or the previous owner opened it up and when they re-assembled it, it was misaligned inside one of the connections and not lining up when you try to plug it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers for the reply

the female side is brand new (the H-D comm wire)

But due to the way it’s constructed, I wondered if the male connector had been pulled about and misaligned in some way, preventing it from mating 100%

I checked all the male pins and made sure they where pulled forward (same length etc.)

Sent from my iThing using one finger...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith