Playing my Playlist file from thumbdrive on BOOM

Twisted-1

Mar 18, 2020
I made a file with songs from my various CD's and can not access it on my Street Glide. The BOOM recognizes albums, artists and songs, but not this file. Does anyone know how to access this? It has a variety on it which would be nice to play while on road trips sometimes rather than listening to whole albums or playing all songs and having to keep skipping through the songs that you're not interested in at the time, if that makes sense.

Playlist.png

I made a file with songs from my various CD's and can not access it on my Street Glide. The BOOM recognizes albums, artists and songs, but not this file. Does anyone know how to access this? It has a variety on it which would be nice to play while on road trips sometimes rather than listening to whole albums or playing all songs and having to keep skipping through the songs that you're not interested in at the time, if that makes sense.

View attachment 15633
Ensure your files are on the thumb drive in mp3 format... no need for a playlist...load them up under the root folder and if it's in fact a PNG file, that is an image file

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Here's what I learned several years ago when I ran into issues with music on a thumb drive:
I'm a MAC guy but DO make sure your thumb drive is formatted as MS-DOS (FAT32) first.
I found that the song title had to be first in the descriptor for it to display correctly on screen.
Not: 001-100-title-artist.
File extension should be MP3
Use a good quality, brand name drive such as San Disk, Toshiba, etc.
Some of those "free" sticks we get simply won't work. My company gives
away 8 gig sticks with our logo on them and they are NOT suitable for music playback.
Use an 8 or 16 gig stick . . . . . Good Luck!

Maybe I didn't explain correctly...sorry guys. I am able to play music. I can pick an artist at the media screen and see the CD's I have downloaded from that artist. I can also pick a CD from the media screen and play that. I can also choose songs from the media screen and play the songs. What I am having trouble with is seeing the playlist file and just playing the songs that are in that file. That file has certain songs from a wide variety of artists that I would like to play instead of listening to a certain CD or artist at once. Hopefully that makes more sense.

Last edited:
Maybe I didn't explain correctly...sorry guys. I am able to play music. I can pick an artist at the media screen and see the CD's I have downloaded from that artist. I can also pick a CD from the media screen and play that. I can also choose songs from the media screen and play the songs. What I am having trouble with is seeing the playlist file and just playing the songs that are in that file. That file has certain songs from a wide variety of artists that I would like to play instead of listening to a certain CD or artist at once. Hopefully that makes more sense.

playlist.png
The problem is that your playlist is in a portable network graphics (png) file format. The reason you can play audio from your other files is because they're formatted properly. Right click one of those files, look in properties and you'll discover they're MP3.

The music on my thumbdrive is MP3 and M4A. The png file you see is from the snipit I took of the files I have on the thumbdrive.

I see what you're asking now- I just checked on my Boombox GTS. Based on the format I described in an earlier post, they all show up under "Songs". They are both scrollable and selectable onscreen.

HOWEVER, All songs are just a single file on the USB stick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith