Rain Gear

graywolfhd

Aug 7, 2014
I am looking for good quality rain gear that breathes. I have a Harley one now, but have been looking at the newer style Frogg Toggs. Thoughts???

Thank you in advance!

I have both the HD deluxe rain suite and Frogg's. The Froggs DO breathe nicely but they don't like exhaust pipes. If you go that direction get the set with the reflective piping. :eek:

I just bought rain gear for me and my bride... I went with HD. Frogg Toggs was my first choice.....but after going to HD and seeing the difference.... I couldn't get past it... had to go with HD....

Suppose to rain for the next 7 days and we take off Friday morning.....

I just bought rain gear for me and my bride... I went with HD. Frogg Toggs was my first choice.....but after going to HD and seeing the difference.... I couldn't get past it... had to go with HD....

Suppose to rain for the next 7 days and we take off Friday morning.....

Also have HD rain gear. Probably the best quality of any but spendy. It holds up well in the wind.

Blues

My rain suit experience. I bought the cheap stuff first and the first time I used it, I got soaked. Then I bought HD's premium suit because I liked the visibility and it does really work well.
However, the last 2 times I needed rain protection I simply put on my FAUX black pleather HD jacket and chaps to keep my jeans from getting soaked. It was quick and easy !:cool:

I have the Harley Premium Rain suit and it does work very well...........but these days I just carry the jacket and wear my chaps when if/it rains. The chaps do a great job of keeping me dry (enough) and we usually try to wait it out if possible when on a trip.....in our area we don't get much rain at all so we only really have to even think about rain when we are on a trip.

I am looking for good quality rain gear that breathes. I have a Harley one now, but have been looking at the newer style Frogg Toggs. Thoughts???

Thank you in advance!
I carry a pair of Burton snowboard gortex pants AK line,you will not get wet or cold,used in summer did not get hot while riding in 6 hours pouring rain.

I went with Nelson-Riggs AS3000. It works great if you put the dam thing on, or should I say put it on and leave it on. The rain suit doesn't breath all that well, got hot and took it off and got soaked. Live and learn. Waterproof boots would help also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave