Seat help - Please!

dbdicker

Nov 1, 2018
After a lifetime of other bikes, bought my first Harley, a 2016 SG -- First things first, get comfortable. It feels like the seat I need will be as far back as I can get it, as wide as I can get it, and as high as I can get it. I'm big (285lbs) and tall (6 3) and not used to this 'easy chair' riding position. Feels good for about 1/2 hour, then my back starts to ache from all the weight being on one spot.

Seat suggestions? Thanks.

After a lifetime of other bikes, bought my first Harley, a 2016 SG -- First things first, get comfortable. It feels like the seat I need will be as far back as I can get it, as wide as I can get it, and as high as I can get it. I'm big (285lbs) and tall (6 3) and not used to this 'easy chair' riding position. Feels good for about 1/2 hour, then my back starts to ache from all the weight being on one spot.

My suggestion is to have your seat worked on or maybe look around for a Harley tall boy seat. I would also suggest getting a drivers back rest as I use one all the time. The seat options out there are endless for what works best for you. There are several threads on here about seats if you use the search box in the upper right corner.

IMO most Harley seats are rubbish. They have plastic bases that distort, coverings that are poorly secured - exposing the foam underneath, and soak up rainwater that takes days to dry out. The stock SG seat is the worst I've ever experienced. I've opted for Le Pera's Maverick, the difference between the two is chalk and cheese.

Reactions: engscott78

A SG Forum search will yield quite a few posts addressing your issue.
I'm 6'-4" at 265 lbs and the Mustang Summit seat (made specifically for 2014 and newer baggers) is my ticket to ride comfortably.

Low & Slow,
Blues

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

6'3" 270, mustang wide tripper was great on my 14. Loved you back 1.75" and picked up a wider booty lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469