Short people problems

raltendorf

Jun 26, 2017
Just purchased a 2012 Street Glide. I'm not sure if the seat that it came with is stock or not, but I'm only 5'6" and my feet do not set flat on the ground which bothers me. I'm wanting a new seat that will lower me a bit and wanted to know what other people my height bought. I would almost like to get a nice solo seat that I can also get a passenger seat with for when my wife wants to take a trip with me. IMG_0596.jpg

It's possible you may need to lower the bike chassis. That being said I know from experience there are several seats that will allow you to sit lower including the CVO Streetglide seat.

It's possible you may need to lower the bike chassis. That being said I know from experience there are several seats that will allow you to sit lower including the CVO Streetglide seat.

Mean city cycles will fix your stock seat for you. Give them a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on contacting Mean City Cycles. I am 5'7" and I sent mine off to them and had the Super Narrow Mod with memory foam done. They also moved me forward 2" and I could flat-foot the bike.

I am 5'5 I installed a air ride system . now when I am in a parking I can drop it down or pump it up with the wife and on the highway .

I am 5'4" with the same bike.

Progressive tube in the forks that are 1 inch lower and suspension Technologies rear shocks that are also 1 inch lower.

I have the Mustang seat that is lower and narrower than stock, but I prefer the stock seat.

I can touch with the balls of my feet.

Ken

Just purchased a 2012 Street Glide. I'm not sure if the seat that it came with is stock or not, but I'm only 5'6" and my feet do not set flat on the ground which bothers me. I'm wanting a new seat that will lower me a bit and wanted to know what other people my height bought. I would almost like to get a nice solo seat that I can also get a passenger seat with for when my wife wants to take a trip with me. View attachment 13079

I'd encourage you to take a look at Corbin which is by far the most comfortable brand of seat I've ever ridden with. They have several great looking solo seats with passenger pillions and 2Up seats available that will "narrow" the bike thus allowing you to stand flat-footed without the added cost of lowing the bike. All that said though, if you do go this direction, just know that it will take a good 500-700 miles to get the seat broken in but once it is, they are cozy!

Hope this helps!!

Lindsey :0)

Short people problems

Also, hd makes the ultra- low seat. You can try it free at the dealership. It's almost 2 inches lower but also slams you up against the gas tank. Definitely try it before you buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent my seat off to mean city cycles today. Ill let you guys know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up getting a Mustang Lowdown solo seat with drivers back rest and also the separate 13.5" wide passenger seat. Went on a 300 mile ride yesterday. I love the seat!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469