Sony AX5000/AX7000 question

baldman

Dec 18, 2014
Thinking of upgrading to one of these packages. One thing I'm finding conflicting answers on:
If I plug my phone in via USB for CarPlay can I have it play through the Bluetooth connection to a Sena headset? (The headset is a SMH-10 if that matters)

I am still trying to figure out how to make that work, I have AX7000 and Sena 20s and for the life of me I still can't get my Sena to pair with that Sony head unit......I am going to try again today, if not I am going to contact Sony and see if that's even possible. I left the manual at the shop so I can't read up on it but I will go online to see if I can pull it up and see how to pair that. But it should work.

I just spent an hour in my garage and found when my S9+ is connected to Sony AX7000 Bluetooth option on head unit is disabled....so straight through bike speakers. So I thought ok, then I can get sound through my Sena 20s and nope, even navigation will not play through my Sena when phone is connected to the Sony. All out through Fosgate speakers, kind of disappointed to say the least. But I am not going to rule out that cannot be done at this point as I have not read the manual or spoke with Sony support folks.

Well, I just found out from the Stereo shop that installed my system that Sony AX7000 Bluetooth is only a receiver and not transmitter, meaning only will receive signal from smartphone or any music device and will not transmit any signals.....like to Sena communication systems. I am disappointed and will check with Sony to see if that's correct as that is one of the reason why I bought Sony Head unit.

Hey guys. I had a similar issue with my sport bike setup. I had an iPhone, sena 10r, and a Garmin GPS. 550 model I believe. Anyway, I think the way to get Siri and control your Sony 7000 is to pair your Sena with your phone. Not with the Sony head unit. Think of the Sony as only an external monitor. It is for input only and is just a bigger screen for your iPhone. This is very different than the Boom system we are used to. The key is what device is in control. On the HD Boom, it's the master, every thing else is the slave that is connected. On the Sony, the iPhone is the master and the Sony head unit and Sena are slaves. This is all built on profiles from bluetooth. I don't have your setup but thought about getting the 7000 recently. Try that out and see if it works.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith