Sony XAV-AX7000 Connection Loss

yegg

Sep 18, 2015
I have started to lose my Apple Car Play connectivity on my Sony XAV-AX7000. I have noticed that it tends to happen when I hit a bump. I would think it is a hard wire connection issue but when I check my phone I can see that it is still charging. Doesn't that mean it is connected?

Thanks for any input.

Ride safe.

Elliott

i read that cable length on USB1 can be a factor....

how are you connected?

OEM phone cable is recommended, no extenders. However I'm personally running a 6'6" good quality cable to the saddle bag, and like you I only get loss when I hit bumps.
Just awaiting an OEM charging cable to test Android Auto loss on the move (it all works fine in the garage).

I'm also very new to the Sony, about a week, so I also had bluetooth switched on etc. Not really had chance to get to know my install yet

having switched to a Google made 3' USB-A to C cable in the utility tray of my saddlebag...
jacked into the 6'6" good quality extender from USB1 on the radio, down the spine of the bike, under the seat and into the bag...

Not a single loss since I connected!

seems to be all about the quality of the connecting cable rather than the length IMHO

Gents or others-

Curios about your experience with the Sony 7000 other than the connection issue? Seems like a great solution to harelys horrible (in my opinion) interface and also get added power without adding an amp. What did you do for speakers?

One if my biggest problems with the boom on my 18 is how long it takes to just boot up and get going. Also, for whatever reason I have to reconnect to my android Bluetooth every time. Any comparison would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

GREAT experience!

currently I'm stuck with the 2ohm stock speakers....but there is a setting for that. Simply turn the default 4ohm down to 2ohm (as shown)

Yes the boot time was a killer but the out of date and unreliable mapping was the final nail for me. I just couldn't take the its Jurassic ways any more

PXL_20201020_183528685.jpg

My connectivity issue went away (about 98%) for the most part with an OS upgrade on the iPhone. My gloves do not work with the touch screen but that only affects me in the late fall and winter. I do wish the perch controls worked better in terms of integration but oh well. I like the fast boot time for sure. I also like not having to deal with outdated maps from the manufacturer. I pretty much use my deck for Waze and music only.

@yegg @havinabubble Thanks for the replies. We will have to see what Santa brings!

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

My connectivity issue went away (about 98%) for the most part with an OS upgrade on the iPhone. My gloves do not work with the touch screen but that only affects me in the late fall and winter. I do wish the perch controls worked better in terms of integration but oh well. I like the fast boot time for sure. I also like not having to deal with outdated maps from the manufacturer. I pretty much use my deck for Waze and music only.

hey yegg...here's my glove experience
My Icon Overlord Short Gloves have the "Touchscreen enabled index finger and thumb" and these work great (summer)
my H-D FXRG Dual-Chamber Gauntlet Gloves (which dont appear to have a "visible Touch screen compatibility wrap around index finger") ...they also work fine it turns out!
but my Richa Mountain Gore-Tex Mixed Gloves - Black / Fluo Yellow heavy winter gloves, I've found work if I use the edge of my index fingers and I'm not dripping wet

are you aware you can reprogram the bar controls in the settings?

YMMV

are you aware you can reprogram the bar controls in the settings?

YMMV

Nope. What menu is that under? Unfortunately my bike is in a lot of pieces right now, the top end is off, and I don't have a fuse in to check.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith