Street glide pipes

Zeus

Oct 20, 2020
Anyone have any knowledge about taking the baffles out of the exhaust to make it sound better. Will this mess up the bike?

I don't think it will hurt it, but it will be loud and you will loose low end torque. Interested in what others think?

What year is it? I've got a set of black megaphones for an M8 I'll sell you cheap. They sounded ok..definitely better than stock.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Anyone have any knowledge about taking the baffles out of the exhaust to make it sound better. Will this mess up the bike?

Its a chore but can be done or, you can exchange them at American Custom. I had a friend who liked the stock tapered pipes and went this route. Cheap and sound pretty good, they take out the baffles and turn them into Glass paks!
https://americancustom.com

Thanks s22s and Mojo!! I appreciate the response! Very hesitant to do this to a brand new bike.

Thanks s22s and Mojo!! I appreciate the response! Very hesitant to do this to a brand new bike.
Let me know if you take the baffles out. I asked the mechanics at the dealer and they gave me the standard don't do it it'll run like crap blah blah blah. I don't entirely buy it. But like you, I'm hesitant to do that to my 22 street glide. But I'm definitely wanting something louder than the anemic sound that comes out of the stock pipes.

One viable option if you want to keep the OEM slip-ons is to Check out American Custom's website. They can refit your stock pipes or do and exchange and make "Glass Paks" out of them. They have inter-changeable baffle options too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrnyc01