1st Travelling Experience

Korazu

Jul 12, 2014
I am taking my first multi day ride next week and I am hoping to get information on what I should do, not forget, that type of thing. I have jackets, rain suit and harley bags for the sissy bars that might help with a backrest. :) What are other essentials that one should bring with?

Thanks!

Korazu- For sure your HOG membership card and a cellphone. Meds, Contact lense stuff, a spare key (unless you've set up a passcode) and I usually wear a half helmet but for trips I wear a 3/4. It makes ALL the difference when your doing 50mph in the rain!
HD-jet-ii-helmet.jpgHDUnknown.jpg

Passcode!!! With the card on how to use! Was on a trip stopped at a store came out and both fobs would not start the bike... started with the code and took a dealer an hour to get them working again

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Passcode!!! With the card on how to use! Was on a trip stopped at a store came out and both fobs would not start the bike... started with the code and took a dealer an hour to get them working again
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

wildchild- you're right, instructions help. I keep a copy of them with my Insurance/registration docs in a vinyl enveloped velcro'd inside my saddlebag lid.

Korazu- For sure your HOG membership card and a cellphone. Meds, Contact lense stuff, a spare key (unless you've set up a passcode) and I usually wear a half helmet but for trips I wear a 3/4. It makes ALL the difference when your doing 50mph in the rain!
View attachment 3344View attachment 3345

Well I leave in the morning and there are reports of scattered thunderstorms however I also wear a 1/2 helmet. Tried looking for a 3/4 or modular but the way my head is shaped, I couldn't find one that fits... So I will be in for a treat when/if the rain hits. Maybe the sun shield will help... haha who am I kidding..

I normally wear a 3/4 helmet and it really saved my butt three weeks ago on one of my first trips that was long, to me. We had about 130 miles in hard rain but my helmet visibility remained good. Also remember: If the bag you will be using for clothes that is strapped to your sissy bar has a rain proof cover, put it on at the start of your trip. Line your clothing bag with a plastic garbage bag before you put your clothes in it. Bring a cover for your bike if you are planning on leaving it out overnight. Don't ask me how I know about these tips! :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith