2014 streetglide special clutch reservoir leaking

JugHead

Mar 1, 2023
Good afternoon,
Im new to the forum. I having a problem with my 2014 street glide special clutch reservoir that leaks a little fluid. It started when I removed the cap to check the fluid, and after I replaced it it seems like every other day I see a little fluid where the sight glass located. Any help would gladly be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums.

Have you taken cover off again and checked the seal for any nicks or small tears?

Welcome to the forums.

Have you taken cover off again and checked the seal for any nicks or small tears?
As stated above do you see any abnormal markings on the reservoir seal? Also you should clean the rubber seal when removed, I use aerosol brake cleaner and then blow it dry with air gun. Make sure you clean rim of reservoir of any residual brake fluid and do not over tighten the cover mount screws. Clutch fluid level should be at halfway point on sight glass.

Yes. I replaced the seal with a new from our local Harley shop. Is it possible that the sight glass could be leaking? It usually take a couple of days before I see any traces of fluid leaking

While it is unlikely that it is leaking, it could if it was hit from the inside of the reservoir. Cheap enough to replace at $7.70 for a new sight glass kit. Part number 42145-06 from H-D.

But double check the new cover seal and reservoir lip for any damage or that the seal wasn't misaligned during install.

While it is unlikely that it is leaking, it could if it was hit from the inside of the reservoir. Cheap enough to replace at $7.70 for a new sight glass kit. Part number 42145-06 from H-D.

But double check the new cover seal and reservoir lip for any damage or that the seal wasn't misaligned during install.
Never been hit. I removed the cap to check the fluid. Before I removed the cap never had an issue. But I recheck and see how it goes. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TokyoPortrait