2018 SGS Stage IV on steroids

Brian 1970

Mar 16, 2018
I purchased a 2018 Cherry Red Special about 5 months ago, awesome bike and added the stage 4 with SE slip ons with hopes of hitting some good dyno numbes BUT with having to use only screaming eagle aftermarket parts and the SE tune it is not getting the numbers, I have now switched the cam out to a Woods 999 night prowler (Full Race) with RC true duals headers, sounds awesome but I have taken the bike back to the dealer twice for dyno tuning with disappointing results as they are lost with no more than 117hp, we did get a baseline from Dyno-Jet which I had the dealer re-set to as the tune they put on was horrible and about burnt my leg from heat, I had a independent who tuned it to 130 hp and it ran awesome but they had it knocking from too much timing and blowing black smoke it was so rich, again back to the dyno jet baseline, sooo now I'm looking at the dyno-jet target pro auto tune and am looking for any advice , will this system tune my engine with the drastic changes from stock and/or where to take the bike in/around KC, Help Im lost

2018 SGS
107 upgraded to Stage IV 114cu
CNC Ported Heads
Perf Valve springs
64 MM Throttle Body
High Flow Injectors
4.075 Cylinders
11:1 compression
HP Pistons, Rings
Woods 999 Cam
S&S Lifters
SE cam Bearings
SE HP Tappets
HP Clutch pack & Springs
RC True Duals
SE Pipes

I feel your pain having a hard time getting my winter build tuned. I will get it done one way or another but I'm running a little lean also so trying to fix that with the power vision tuner auto tune and sending data to Fuel Moto.

You need to put a zipper cam 468 and find someone good to tune it, I got 118.4 HP and 134.56 Tq with this set up on a 2017 RGS

Modifications

Modifications

What have you had done to the bike other than the cam to make those numbers

You true duals are hurting you, as well as your over sized throttle body. Bigger doesn’t mean better sometimes. I’ve got a 110 twin cam, with a ported 50mm tb., and I’m making 117/130. You should be closer to 130 squared. (Or more) I’ve also got a Fat Cat 2-1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469