$25 Bike Mic- HOW TO MAKE IT WORK!

Spazz

Administrator
Feb 22, 2014
I was chatting with a few guys online and got an idea from one of them and thought I would give it a shot since it was only $25.....

Basically... you hardwire a microphone into the Infotainment.. I went a step further and installed a 3.5mm jack hardwired into the Infotainment and used a 3.5mm noise-cancelling mic. It's not hard and works with the PPT button on the left hand control!

I started with the mic... found some really good reviews on this one and for $18... I bought it.

bikemic002.jpg

I went down to radio Shack and bought the 3.5mm jack in a 2-pack for $4 mono or stereo will work, just have to solder the correct connections.

bikemic003.jpg

Looking at the P&A Audio plug diagram... pin #1 ( RED ) and pin #3 (BLACK ) are the Positive and Negative for the mic... so... to check it out before hard wiring.. I unpinned #1 and #3... alligator clipped them to the 3.5mm jack to test... IT WORKED!

bikemic001.jpg

Time to mod.... now I won't go into detail since I did this on my RGS... but I completely believe there is more than enuf room to do this in the EXACT location in regard to the Infotainment system on the SGS.

Part ii bike mic

Part ii bike mic

Find a location and drill your hole... the plastic is thick, so I used a dremel to clearance for install

bikemic004.jpg

bikemic005.jpg

Solder up your wires... insulate connections and jack... and presto!

bikemic006.jpg

With the mic installed and with cover installed... hardly noticeable!

So this is the simple fix or build if you want Bluetooth speaking capabilities on your bike ???

Very nice spazz.. I assume it allows you to make and receive calls now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice spazz.. I assume it allows you to make and receive calls now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yessir! I can hit the PTT button on left hand control and give voice commands....

I called Chaderick when I got it done.. he said it was crystal clear.

I have yet to try it on the road

Sent from Note4

Do you know if this will work or the cheap head unit, not the touch screen one?

I will look into it.. but if you have the PTT button on the left hand controls ( right side of left blinker ) it should.

Thanx for the post spazz.. I've been looking for a way to make hands free calls functional.. Unfortunately we no longer have Radio Shack around here.. I'm going to part your system out this week and get to work... Thanx Man

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanx for the post spazz.. I've been looking for a way to make hands free calls functional.. Unfortunately we no longer have Radio Shack around here.. I'm going to part your system out this week and get to work... Thanx Man

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just verify your connections using clips before you hardwire anything. Any electronics small parts store should carry the jack... heck,, Amazon

Yessir! I can hit the PTT button on left hand control and give voice commands....

I called Chaderick when I got it done.. he said it was crystal clear.

I have yet to try it on the road

Sent from Note4

I was actually shocked on how clear it was, I thought you was on your cell.
this WILL be my next mod!! Great job Spazz!

Do you know if this will work or the cheap head unit, not the touch screen one?

You should have capabilities to control radio, usb music, and phone since you don't have navigation.... but I am not 100% sure... do you have the PTT button next to left blinker? Then YES.

I was actually shocked on how clear it was, I thought you was on your cell.
this WILL be my next mod!! Great job Spazz!

Thanks Chad....

As you know... still want to get a bit of tweeking done..... I did some research for MIC VOLUME CONTROL.... it's not on the SG/SGS or RG/RGS but it IS on the Dressers in both varieties under INTERCOM settings.

The VOX control for intercom lets you adjust mic volume... so, my net stop is the dealership to hook up to digital Tech and have them flash it to activate the INTERCOM. Hopefully this may give me the ability to adjust mic volume ( sensitivity ) to enhance it while moving... and the noise-cancelling capabilities of the mic should take care of that extra noise.

We shall see in a week or so...

Spazz I love ya man! Lol this is perfect. BTW the intercom is in the options where you do the speaker settings, saw them while I was having mine flashed. Hope that works!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thanks Spazz I just ordered mic and 3.5mm jack from Amazon $20 shipped now I have another winter project to add to my ever growing to do list.

Thanks Spazz I just ordered mic and 3.5mm jack from Amazon $20 shipped now I have another winter project to add to my ever growing to do list.
You better have more... it's less than an hour... lol!

Sent from Note4

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith