Axtell Oil bypass system

barrygreen

Dec 26, 2013
Any comments on the Axtell Oil bypass system in the 103+ Rushmore with the oil cooler? Seems I read Not to do this on these engines.
It came with my Zippers Tensioners and I am about to do a cam upgrade.

Well I wound up Talking to Ron @ Axtells. He convinced me about the product, It does work with oil coolers and any oil filter ( other forum members on another site have said it wont ).. I send him some links to what I read and he called me....very long discussion.
So long story short I ordered the Zippers chain tensioners that come with the Axtell valve. Did the can swap last week and can say so far so good. The only oil pressure monitoring I have is the light and the pressure displayed on the radio. Have the idle @ 912 and at 75 deg it stays around 20, highest I see it go up is 40 @ or above 3k.
As far as a oil bypass vale goes and the design of this one I really cannot say my motor sounds different or.... But I do understand the principal behind this product and with my background I can see how it works. Its a oil bypass valve....its in there and we will see.
I mean hey @25k When I did this I found a trashed front cam bearing...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469