BOOM II 5x7 one side NO BASS...why???

emsguy4you

Oct 16, 2020
Boom! Audio II set up - three amps (front fairing, saddlebag, Tour Pack). All speakers are the woofer and separate(s)....the best BOOM! speakers you can get for each location. All HD amps.

All wiring is strictly Harley, all harnesses, everything. All legit, all done by Harley.

Saddlebag lid 5x7 on right side (amp is in left saddlebag) has only mid/hi sound, absolutely no bass. I have checked all the wiring, all connections, I cannot see an issue. I thought maybe the woofer was blown somewhere, although I could not see any separation. I then bought a brand new replacement 5 x 7 speaker. Installed it, tried it again, same thing…absolutely no bass. Apparently it is not the speaker.

I know just enough to be dangerous, but I have absolutely no clue what else to look for or what the issue could be. Every time the system was upgraded, the radio was flashed at the dealership.

Admittedly, I bought the bike recently from someone who did all of this work and spent a ton of money on the audio at the dealership. This issue with the bass may have (always) been an issue and he did not know it, since this one speaker is just one in six that were usually playing.

Regardless, I am at a loss. Any legitimate suggestions are appreciated. In advance, thanks.

Some troubleshooting is in order... the amps are all the same... swap the amp that runs the 5x7 with one of the other ones... if the problem remains in the speaker.. you could have a wiring problem... if it follows the amp, you found your problem and you have a bad channel on the amp

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks brother, that makes sense. I have the tour pack off currently and upside down, which is where the amp is mounted on the underside so I will do the swap and see what happens!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith