brake pad pins and clips

sptsfan56

Dec 11, 2015
im replacing brakes on my 2015 sgs. HD recommends replacing brake retainer pins and clips each time replacing pads. I've ordered pads online but can't seem to find the pins and clips. Called dealer and they don't have any, if absolute necessary you would think they would come with the pads. I have seen them on sights but im not paying prices they want (11$ each). Do you guys replace pins each time and where do you get them. Thanks ahead of time

I could find the front pin on numerous sites like j&p cycles and Dennis Kirk, but nada on the rear.

As far as replacing at every pad change, nope. Not even on my cages. If there is any deformity in any way I'll replace them.

The brake pad kits from harley come with the pins and the retainer clip. The rear pads thought the same have a different part number because they also include a a template that you attach to the back of the pads then you fill in the template opening with a supplied special high tack grease, then you remove the template and carefully attach the pads. That is why the Harley pads are more expensive as they provide all the parts not just the pads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider3223