Charging issue

RBCampbell

Aug 5, 2023
Howdy! I'm new to the forum but looking forward to being here. I have an issue that has me stumped and hopefully someone can give me an answer. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed my charging gauge was pegged all the way to the right and the check engine light came on. I got back home and assumed that the Voltage Regulator was shot so I ordered an aftermarket Voltage Regulator and installed it. I rode the bike about 20 miles and the voltage gauge was in the correct position with no check engine light. I assumed all was well. A couple of days later, I went outside and the bike battery was dead. I assumed that the previous voltage regulator issue fried the battery. I purchased a new battery yesterday, installed it and cranked up the bike. At idle, the voltage is right at 12-14. As soon as I accelerated, the voltage pegged all the way over to the right and the engine check light came on again. My question: Is this a bad voltage regulator or a symptom of a bad stator and how do I troubleshoot this? Thanks for your help!!!

Reactions: BillyBob
Not sure. Some guys my be able to answer but issues with the site right now. We are working on it.
They may not be able to get on to answer. Site should be up soon--sorry.

Not sure. Some guys my be able to answer but issues with the site right now. We are working on it.
They may not be able to get on to answer. Site should be up soon--sorry.
Thanks, I'm stumped. I don't want to do a full stator replacement if it just happens that I purchased a bad voltage regulator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triggerman1067