Competition III Leather Jacket

MOHog

Sep 19, 2014
Well it is starting to have its cold days here, where my sweat jacket and leather vest is starting to not be enough. I bought the HD Competition III leather jacket with body armor and lining. It didn't come with a back piece of body armor, but sure you could buy one for a small fee. The lining is removable. I will be able to try it out tomorrow night when I get off work and see how it is in the mid 40s. And it's supposed to be water proof. I have rain gear but if I get stuck before I get it on it will be nice to know that I won't be totally soaked. I'll update after I ride in it.

I bought the Evolution Triple Vent Jacket last Feb. and it works very well in 40 deg. weather with the liner & in 80 deg. weather without liner & with the vents open. I added the back body armor, it was $25.
I'm sure that you will like your Competition III.

I've heard very good things about these jackets, thanks for sharing!

I looked at the Competition III jacket when I was looking but decided on the Passing Link Triple Vent jacket, however have not had the opportunity to wear it yet as my Boulder Reflective Waterproof jacket is keeping me warm enough with the 58-63 deg mornings. I wish the Evolution Triple Vent was out when I bought mine as I think I might have gotten that one instead. Either way, I am sure they're all great jackets. :)

Well I got to try out my CIII LJ today. Woke up with frost on my seat of my bike, 36 degrees out. And let me tell you. On a 45 min. ride to work I felt very comfortable. I just had a polo shirt under the jacket. So if anyone is looking for some good gear I do recommend this one. And it was even better because I got 20% off with my VIP discount.

I wish HD would team up with Klim. Klim products are top notch.

Sent from the mobile leash

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith