Configuring 6 Speakers

Voormen

Nov 17, 2019
I have a 2019 SGS and already added a Rockford Fosgate 400 watt 4 channel amp and 4 speakers to to upper and lower fairings, each speaker at 100 watt each. I am considering adding saddlebag speakers. If I do and split the lower and saddlebags to 50 watt per speaker, will the sound be good?

I dont know what kind of speakers you are using and what there rms rating is, but if it was my bike I wouldn't do that. I would look at a different amplifier. Possibly sound digital evo x line of amplifiers. They are small and powerful amps. Just my opinion.... and I also noticed when I did the saddlebag lids I could not hear them while riding. So not sure if your doing it for you or a passenger. Or just to have a louder system. Food for thought! Good luck

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Its all dependant on what the amp can handle and how you wire it. Each amp will perform differently, depending on what its designed to to.

2 4ohm speakers in parallel wiring will result in a 2 ohm load... if the amp is not designed for a 2 ohm load, it will not perform well... get hot and clip.

Power is also a consideration... how much power you will need to push speakers in a certain configuration.

You don't want to overload your amp and starve your speakers...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Agree with spazz, and the rockford does not double the power when the load is reduced down to 2 ohm like most amp manufacturers. Thats why I would switch if adding more speakers.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith