Does anyone have a mustang summit picture?

THEWHITEGUY18

Oct 29, 2015
I would like to see the mustang summit on a streetglide without tour pak. I went to 2 dealers today that did not have any in stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I would like to see the mustang summit on a streetglide without tour pak. I went to 2 dealers today that did not have any in stock.

Here you go. I have ridden this Mustang Summit for about 3K and I love it

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That doesn't look bad at all. With the passanger width increase, I was worried it would look like a couch cushion.

I was concerned about the extra width also but it amounts to an inch on either side and the bike has enough width and mass to support it. My gal loves the back and I love the front. Took about 1k miles to break it in.
Would I buy this seat again? IN A HEARTBEAT

Blues

I was concerned about the extra width also but it amounts to an inch on either side and the bike has enough width and mass to support it. My gal loves the back and I love the front. Took about 1k miles to break it in.
Would I buy this seat again? IN A HEARTBEAT

Blues

Can you use the HD rider backrest with this seat?

I just bought the seat from parts giant for 442. Pretty excited.

The seat works with HD luggage racks and passenger back rests that I have. There is also an adjustable drivervbackrest available that mounts to the seat in a slot provided. HD backtest won't work but the Mustang is better quality and way more adjustable

uploadfromtaptalk1471379720934.jpguploadfromtaptalk1471379727565.jpg

Just got here. Easy install. Felt a little too firm on first ride, but calls for 500 mile break in.

They are firm. The more you ride it the more comfortable it gets. Give it some time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 10907View attachment 10908

Just got here. Easy install. Felt a little too firm on first ride, but calls for 500 mile break in.

Look great! What changes were there with the riding position? Sit higher/lower; forward/back? I think I'm going to end up buying this seat, but I'm 5' 11" and already getting wind buffetting. If this shots me higher, I'm definitely going to have to swap out the windshield.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Look great! What changes were there with the riding position? Sit higher/lower; forward/back? I think I'm going to end up buying this seat, but I'm 5' 11" and already getting wind buffetting. If this shots me higher, I'm definitely going to have to swap out the windshield.

The riding position is about 1/4" back from the stock Street Glide seat. Remember; the stock Street Glide seat is already 1-1/2" farther back than the Ultra. So when Mustang says their Summit seat moves you 1-3/4" toward the rear of the bike it actually is 1-3/4" on the Ultra but only 1/4" on the SG. You can measure this on a new bike at your dealer. Measure from the seat rear hold down screw which is in the same position on all touring model fenders.
As far as Higher seating position; I do not notice much difference. Maybe a titch.
The saddlebags open with no issues and all HD accessories that I have are compatible.

Low & Slow,
Blues

The riding position is about 1/4" back from the stock Street Glide seat. Remember; the stock Street Glide seat is already 1-1/2" farther back than the Ultra. So when Mustang says their Summit seat moves you 1-3/4" toward the rear of the bike it actually is 1-3/4" on the Ultra but only 1/4" on the SG. You can measure this on a new bike at your dealer. Measure from the seat rear hold down screw which is in the same position on all touring model fenders.
As far as Higher seating position; I do not notice much difference. Maybe a titch.
The saddlebags open with no issues and all HD accessories that I have are compatible.

Low & Slow,
Blues
Much thanks! I like the feel of the stock seat in terms of feeling 'connected' to the bike. Do you still have this sense with the Summit seat, or do you feel like you're just 'on top' of the bike? How would you rate the comfort pre and post break in? Thanks again!

Much thanks! I like the feel of the stock seat in terms of feeling 'connected' to the bike. Do you still have this sense with the Summit seat, or do you feel like you're just 'on top' of the bike? How would you rate the comfort pre and post break in? Thanks again!

The Mustang Summit seat pan is rigid fiberglass with several rubber bumpers that contact the top of the bike frame. The seat frame also has a bit of camber designed into it so that when you install the seat on the bike the rear seat mounting tab is slightly above threaded mounting hole on the rear fender. When you push the tab down and install the mounting screw the rubber bumpers are in solid contact with the frame resulting in a smoother ride and this setup actually makes me feel more a part of the bike than the stock seat which I did not think was too bad when ridden solo.
I tried the HD Tallboy seat and the HD Sundowner seat which were also not bad when ridden solo even for a full day of riding but when I carry my passenger it seems the dynamics of those two HD seats changed toward the uncomfortable level as a result of the cheap flexible plastic seat pan used by Harley. I even rebuilt the HD Tallboy seat to make it more cushy but to no avail. The Summit seat retains its riding position solo or two up.
The deep scoop at the back of the Summit seat gives great back support and my gal loves the passenger seat.
I will say the Summit seat is very firm when new but does become somewhat more cushy as it conforms to you.
Shortly after I installed the Summit seat I went on a 750 mile overnight run and had no issues with discomfort. I do have a good quality memory foam/gel seat pad I bought in Sturgis just to make the 550 mile trip home more bearable but have not had to use it with the Summit.
Hope this response addresses you concerns.

Best,
Blues

Last edited:
The Mustang Summit seat pan is rigid fiberglass with several rubber bumpers that contact the top of the bike frame. The seat frame also has a bit of camber designed into it so that when you install the seat on the bike the rear seat mounting tab is slightly above threaded mounting hole on the rear fender. When you push the tab down and install the mounting screw the rubber bumpers are in solid contact with the frame resulting in a smoother ride and this setup actually makes me feel more a part of the bike than the stock seat which I did not think was too bad when ridden solo.
I tried the HD Tallboy seat and the HD Sundowner seat which were also not bad when ridden solo even for a full day of riding but when I carry my passenger it seems the dynamics of those two HD seats changed toward the uncomfortable level as a result of the cheap flexible plastic seat pan used by Harley. I even rebuilt the HD Tallboy seat to make it more cushy but to no avail. The Summit seat retains its riding position solo or two up.
The deep scoop at the back of the Summit seat gives great back support and my gal loves the passenger seat.
I will say the Summit seat is very firm when new but does become somewhat more cushy as it conforms to you.
Shortly after I installed the Summit seat I went on a 750 mile overnight run and had no issues with discomfort. I do have a good quality memory foam/gel seat pad I bought in Sturgis just to make the 550 mile trip home more bearable but have not had to use it with the Summit.
Hope this response addresses you concerns.

Best,
Blues
Thanks a ton - Everything I was hoping to hear. After much consideration I finally decided on and bought the heated mustang super touring seat today. I went super instead of summit purely due to wanting just a little bit narrower passenger seat. Hoping that retains a bit more of the sportier look (at least as much as you can with a big comfy touring seat [emoji1] )

Old thread revival....

I just ordered the Summit for my 2020 Street Glide that is on it's way to the dealership here. I was thinking of the Mustang Super Touring as well for the 2" narrower back, but currently in Canada the Summit is almost $100 less than the Super Touring. So Summit it is then, I am sure the ole lady will enjoy the extra space. I also ordered the Mustang passenger back rest pad to match the seat as I will probably get the rider back rest down the road. I was very seriously considering the newer style Harley Tall Boy as I had one on my RG for a while. It is better than the old one and both of us could ride all day on it. Problem is that it is a nightmare getting any sort of rider backrest to work with the Tall Boy seat. The only solution I found was to use a combination of Kuryakyn and Harley parts to build one that worked with it. Because of that and the fact I loved the Mustang Wide Tour I had on my old Low Rider years back I chose the Summit.

Oh with the comments I see about the Mustang seats being firm I found with the one I had before it would soften up some after my butt warmed it up. That and it also breaks in somewhat over time. I prefer a firmer seat over a too soft of seat anyway. I had a Hammock in 2017 on my RG and found it was too floaty. I didn't feel connected to the bike.

Oh with the comments I see about the Mustang seats being firm I found with the one I had before it would soften up some after my butt warmed it up. That and it also breaks in somewhat over time. I prefer a firmer seat over a too soft of seat anyway. I had a Hammock in 2017 on my RG and found it was too floaty. I didn't feel connected to the bike.

They say the break in time is 1000 to 1500 miles some a little longer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77