Harley hard lowers

cobranick

Mar 4, 2019
Anyone install harley brand hard lowers with speaker pods? I have the speaker pods and it did not come with hardware to mount speakers. It looks like it takes some sort of clip. Not sure how I am going to bolt the speakers to the pods. I'm not using harley boom audio speakers. Was going to bolt in some aftermarket hertz speakers. In the pics attached you will see how big the speaker mounting holes are. Any help is appreciated
409d5a0bec51dfaf931b7fbeecf25c3e.jpg
580250159be751be49fa7b65513b70a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anyone install harley brand hard lowers with speaker pods? I have the speaker pods and it did not come with hardware to mount speakers. It looks like it takes some sort of clip. Not sure how I am going to bolt the speakers to the pods. I'm not using harley boom audio speakers. Was going to bolt in some aftermarket hertz speakers. In the pics attached you will see how big the speaker mounting holes are. Any help is appreciated
409d5a0bec51dfaf931b7fbeecf25c3e.jpg
580250159be751be49fa7b65513b70a0.jpg

They use a rubber self-spreading grommet that has a brass insert inside and spreads as you tighten... 5/16" grommet.

It's best to clock the speaker 1/4" and use screws.. they will hold better.. I have had them pop out at times.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I bought an aftermarket set with just indentations so i can drill my own holes. You could possibly use 4 fender washers and trim off one side to fit. Then tack weld a nut on it for a matching bolt to attach the speaker with. Or checkout a hardware store, im sure you would find something that would work.

I ended up ordering the correct hardware from the stealership. On to the next question, I assembled the lowers with speaker pods and I feel like I'm missing something. Its completely hollow like there should be a speaker enclosure or something that closes off the pod at the bottom
9ecefb8ce11e9073f2abd53b880af7ca.jpg
e858f202aa7db24525f3ff56dd5eb184.jpg

Last edited:
If any of you have thought about having hard lowers for your ride but can't quite stomach the $700+ for OEM. Here's a little tip for you. I bought a set of the XFMT (latest Version) off Amazon as a gift and they were extremely impressive. I have OEM's on my bike and the XFMT's are very good quality for the price, the Vivid black finish was excellent and they go on with ease. The only actual difference I can see is; OEM glove pocket area is a hard rubber whereas the XFMT's are molded plastic. These also come pre assembled where the OEM's have to be put together. They come in gloss and denim blk and you can paint these a lot cheaper than the cost of the Advanblack brand. These were $110 & shipped free. :cool:

XFMT Vivid Black Fairing Lowers Lower Vented Leg Compatible with 2014-2019 Harley Touring Road King, Street Glide,Road Glide, Electra Glide, FLHTCU (P/N 49184-09A or 49050-09A; Wheel Kit P/N 433)
Sold by: XFMT

If any of you have thought about having hard lowers for your ride but can't quite stomach the $700+ for OEM. Here's a little tip for you. I bought a set of the XFMT (latest Version) off Amazon as a gift and they were extremely impressive. I have OEM's on my bike and the XFMT's are very good quality for the price, the Vivid black finish was excellent and they go on with ease. The only actual difference I can see is; OEM glove pocket area is a hard rubber whereas the XFMT's are molded plastic. These also come pre assembled where the OEM's have to be put together. They come in gloss and denim blk and you can paint these a lot cheaper than the cost of the Advanblack brand. These were $110 & shipped free. :cool:

XFMT Vivid Black Fairing Lowers Lower Vented Leg Compatible with 2014-2019 Harley Touring Road King, Street Glide,Road Glide, Electra Glide, FLHTCU (P/N 49184-09A or 49050-09A; Wheel Kit P/N 433)
Sold by: XFMT
No joke Mojo... here is a set from Amazon for $148 good quality and fitment is spot on
ce9943b750c5d83aa33308d867d3b27e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith