How about this setup ?? i see no reason it wont work great.

Mar 1, 2016
This should work:

Use the BOOM 6.5 head unit on my bike to run two new upgraded speakers in the fairing

Buy a " DSR1" american hard bagplug n play harness. This harness allows you to gain rear channel output from a bike that did not originally come with rear speakers. This is ideal if you want to add rear speakers with a new amp and be able to use the fader option from your factory Harley radio. Should also work for adding two speakers and an amp for the lower fairing i installed. The fader would then switch between upper and lower fairing speakers.

So 4 new TMS65 speakers total $538 - the harness $ 70 - and 2 channel Rockford Fosgate amp $ 200

TOTAL $ 808 Flashing required so add for that.

WHAT SAY YOU ?

The american hard bag flash in the dsr1 is for 2 speaker no amp flash. Which is what comes in most sgs rgs, so you wont need a radio flash. And as for enabling the fader you most likely will never use that. I would just run the 2 channels into the dsr1 and then you can have multiple channels out to the amp/amps. And be able to control everything within the dsr1.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

And to add..... Everyone at american hard bag is awesome! There customer service is top notch. And if they give you advice take it. They can build you a awesome system from your everyday cruiser with sound quality, to competition stereo for the DIY. There wiring kits look very factory when installed and hide well

I just finished mine. And the only exposed wires are the ones going into the amplifier
a07bbeec293c53fd2209c87460933722.jpg
3a5b2f376d3c4a242c55fc5374bb77df.jpg
1b8b3fee19411bc44d4c389fc4aad441.jpg
756e9dcdd68c01d788cd75ddec802916.jpg

West Coast Im running stock 6.5 radio into a DSR1 into a Rockford TM400 amp 2 channel in Hertz 6 1/2 in the fairing No flash required DSR1 handles it with the AHB flash Go to ther site Lot of helpful info on the setups.

Dr Len,so to be clear, you run 2 Hertz speakers in the fairing off the 2 channel RF amp, and 2 other speakers off the built in amp in the 6.5 radio?

Here is what i ordered today: Rockford Fosgate Hd14RGSG stage 2 kit complete with harnesses, mounting plates, 400 Watt 4 channel amp, and two TMS65 Speakers

: two additional TMS65 speakers

Bought all from Mike at Custom Sounds for $ 1018 Harley says $50 for the flash and i should be good. Now all i worry about is the amperage draw on the electrical system. Thanks for all the suggestions guys ! I will post how it sounds after i install it.

Just found out that according to a note i found inside the Rockford Fosgate kit, Harley dealers can NO LONGER flash the radio to make it function. You MUST take it to a RF installer like Car Tunes etc.

Much thanks to Dr Len, for info on resistors and the DSR1. Ordered my 10 watt 47 ohm resistors today, DSR1 to follow. Will be another week til im Jammin but shouldn't have to do this stuff twice.

Tested out the new sound system while waiting for my additional parts. Wow ! Do i really need to flash the radio or install the DSR1 equalizer?
The thing rocks hard, 3 times louder that stock. I dont hear distortion until i have it turned up higher than i would ever listen to it. Hearing stuff on the tracks i didnt hear before, very clear. I will install the resistors when they are delivered but the DSR1 i will need to think about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith