***IMPORTANT INFO on Flashes*** ---- MUST READ!!!

FYI If you now have your radio flashed on your new bikes. It will now produce a error code in the DTC menu This can not be cleared by using the odometer button.I was told because of the use of aftermarket amps and speakers.You'll only see it if you look for it. So if you bring your bike to Harley and they hook it up to the Digital Technician. They will see it .So make it aware to your Harley mechanic you had the radio flashed

so when i took my bike in the dealer said he couldnt flash it because it was not reading my Arc Audio install. I in turn used a PSM and i have had nothing but problems since i added an aftermarket system. my speakers are constantly blowing. i have swapped them out with Arc Audio speakers, Blown and Focal speakers, Blown. I have an ARc audio amp that is sufficient however i cannot get the proper sound at all. Have no idea why i am having this problem, any guesses.

Since you have not had your radio flashed. You are sending you amp a really bad EQ curve thus blowing your speakers. Use a biketronics BT355 line leveler.That should be a good start. Then set your gains right on your amp.Here is some helpful vids on setting your system up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySG2BL5kAW4

Last edited:
so when i took my bike in the dealer said he couldnt flash it because it was not reading my Arc Audio install. I in turn used a PSM and i have had nothing but problems since i added an aftermarket system. my speakers are constantly blowing. i have swapped them out with Arc Audio speakers, Blown and Focal speakers, Blown. I have an ARc audio amp that is sufficient however i cannot get the proper sound at all. Have no idea why i am having this problem, any guesses.

Dealers will not flash your system to aftermarket anymore... you have to have an Indy shop flash with a scan tool... I have the ability to flash 14-18 Touring models.

Since I am about 400-500 miles away, it does you no good.

You need to find a shop with a scan tool and have them flash for 2 AMP on 8 SPEAKER ON and readjust your amp. make sure you leave the HPF ON... you never run full range on a bike... useless and will blow your speakers trying to achieve what cars can.... not gonna happen.

Once you have the correct flash, you can verify that the config file is 135_OFF by turning off the bike.... then... HOLD THE MUTE BUTTON down and turn on the bike... KEEP HOLDING!!!! go into the menu for audio and scroll down... 135_OFF should be hilighted in orange.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave