Le Pera Maverick Up Front Seat

Tbird

Mar 25, 2016
I've just taken delivery of Le Pera's Maverick Up Front seat with Biker Gel (2015 SGS). It's a beautiful seat, well made, and everything I expected for the money in terms of quality. However, I was surprised by just how much it moves you forward towards the tank compared with stock, which is great in terms of reaching the controls and back support but I suspect I'll feel hemmed in after a few hours in the saddle unless it really softens up over time. I've not taken it on the road yet because I'm considering swapping it for the stock '2 Up' Maverick, but not sure what the difference between the two is; will I be further back or a tad forward than stock?
P.S. Le Pera's quality really highlights how poor HD's item is for something fitted to a touring motorcycle. Any advice/experience welcome.

24f84b554764259f6c603b0cbe3700b4.jpg

Regular lepera maverick....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Takes me down and i feel just a little bit back.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, particularly for the photo. I'm going to exchange it for the 2 Up Maverick to give more room to move around in the saddle.

I had a "standard" Lepera Maverick on my 09 Fatboy and it moved me backwards approx. 1 inch from stock position.

I also had a Maverick Daddy Long Legs that moved me 2" backwards from stock seat position.

Just adding my 2 cents... I absolutely love my Maverick seat. It literally saved my ass (and back) over the stock seat on a 2,600 mile trip. Also, just enough width in back to be comfortable without looking bulky.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160531_102845.jpg
    20160531_102845.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
I have the standard Maverick and it sits about the same seating position as the stock seat but feels a little lower and back I think because it is much narrower in the front where it meets the tank. It was a little stiff at first but broke in quick. I had zero complaints on a 2000 mile trip I took using it. The stock seat would make my butt go numb after an hour or so.SG Lepera sissy.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith