More room needed.

Guard Glider

Jan 30, 2017
Hello, just went from a Kawasaki Vaquero to an 08 Street Glide. Took the wife on a 15 mile ride on Sunday. We both instantly noticed that the overall seat length is shorter than the Vaquero, probably by a couple inches or so. It felt like I was leaning back on her. I've attached a pic of the seat that came on the bike, is this the stock seat? Is there a seat out there that is a little longer? Thanks in advance for any advice!

d642c77a07350671cd10f1596e7f6609.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Dosnt quite look like a stock seat to me!!!!

Might be a sundowner, looks a lot like mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More room needed.

Could even be a tall boy seat!!!!

This is a stock style street glide seat!!

90080465b7a5d9a61c77c08fdeb108a4.jpg

Here's mine
fed7dab5aa47b3f8b0fc9606eb1f8910.jpg

Last edited:
That's definitely not a stock Street Glide seat. too big on the back section. Just had mine modified for wife's comfort and it is no where near that big.
Greg

I have figured out that it is a Sundowner seat. I'm going to look at passenger backrest options.

Guard glider. On my red bike?? It's a basic sundowner from HD!!! Pretty comfy for most the time, I do want to get the gel insert for it tho

Guard glider. On my red bike?? It's a basic sundowner from HD!!! Pretty comfy for most the time, I do want to get the gel insert for it tho

Gotcha, in that picture it looks longer than the one mine. I may have to drive to the local dealer and see if they have demos, I fella I work with thought they do.

Hah. No was thinking the same thing. That's why I said could be the tall boy seat!!!!!

Demo seats are a great way to find a seat that fits you best!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469