new guy

joeg

Feb 17, 2024
I just bought a 2023 street glide st for the 117 M8 but im only 5'5" and i need to lower it but for my 22 Road glide 107 M* it was close to 1000 bucks. anyone have a les expensive way of getting the ass end down a couple of inches without killing the ride all together

Have you tried a narrower seat? Meaning the nose of the seat isnt as wide and gives you more "leg room".

Have you tried a narrower seat? Meaning the nose of the seat isnt as wide and gives you more "leg room".
yes I did. I need 2 full inches. The progressive shocks I put on my Road glide worked perfect but not looking to spend another 800++ on shocks. but I have a lapara solo seat thats good for us shorter riders but stll not enough

The only thing that I can think of is a lowering kit and shorter shocks.

I know you mentioned not wanting to spend big $$$ BUT! I am 5'5" (and 1/2) and ride a 2016 CVO Street Glide. I had the iRide system by ThunderMax installed after seeing it at the Leesburg Bikefest years ago. Ride height changes with speed and is user programmable. When I stop it drops to a height I can push the bike around and hold it up comfortably. Around town I have it set to + 1 1/2" and highway 2 1/2". System reads from the ECM and also provides information such as F/R AFR, battery voltage, MPG, Head Temp and more. It is pricey but worth every penny for those of us vertically challanged. They have a system for the front end too using the same controller which is mounted on the clutch perch. https://www.thunder-max.com/Products/iRIDE.aspx

Reactions: BillyBob
Spend the money $ it is worth it. I went with an Air Ride system from Xotic Customs down at Myrtle beach a few years back on my 2019 SGS best money I ever spent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TokyoPortrait