OilBud oil cooler to cool engine for Harley bikes

BlkDragon

Jul 20, 2015
Has anyone heard of this product? I was at bike fest yesterday and saw this vendor boot. Asked lots of questions and seems it's a decent product for the price of $597 plus $25 shipping. But I am still not convinced to if this really works during extreme hot condition stop & go area like where I live. He tested in Las Vegas but I really like to see this tested in AZ heat in July. If this really helps I am all over this to keep my engine cool.

OilBud oil cooler

Of course they claim other fan Jugs cooling systems don't work and strictly waste of money....hum!!!!!

LINK

Last edited:
Engine heat comes from the heads which get very little oil cooling. You need to fan cool them. Synthetic oil can run hot no problem. In AZ summer just pick a 20w60 or 25w60 synthetic. The factory oil cooler is fine IMHO.

Yea, I always run full synthetic oil in all my vehicles, from very first oil change I use Mobile 1 synthetic oil.

Factory oil cooler probably cost a lot more (actually cheaper $349, but no fan) than $597 I am sure....???

The only thing I can see this product will work better than now is having a fan blowing to the cooling fins like how computers are built. So find another spot to mount the system instead of underneath and add cooling fans with thermostat control then I bet this system will work extremely well.

Last edited:
I am going with UltraCool oil cooler, ordered it, should get it the end of this week or next week. My friend's shop is going to install it for me so I can test it on my way to Laughlin and back. When I am in Laughlin I can really test it while doing stop & go.....

UltraCool.jpg

Got UltraCool oil cooler installed today, had my friend shop installed it. I was going to do it but tired of crawling on the ground. It was not very hard, the hardest part was putting the stainless steel cover on. It'll not go on when the bike was on the lift so after everything was done we took the bike off the lift and installed it on the ground. It was quite a pain to do but got it on. Bike was not hot enough to turn the fans on but they included a bypass test piece which we use to make sure fans are working. I will definitely test it next week and on my way to Laughlin, while I am there stop & go traffic and back from Laughlin.

5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
streetglyder