Plast-Dip

SirMarco

Jun 11, 2015
I'm sure there is a thread somewhere but I can't seem to find it.
Who on here has used Plasti-Dip on your bike?
Has anyone done your entire bike? I'm tossing around the idea right of doing the entire body o my bike.
Let see some pictures..

I haven't seen a bike that was plasti dipped, but I have seen one that had the whole body done in gloss black Rhino Liner. It was very neatly done and it also had the factory badging on the tank.

Have my speaker pods on my lowers plastic dipped but from a spray can. (Thanks Spazz) Looks really nice and if you scratch it it's a quick fix.

I have plasti-dipped plenty of items on my bike. Would be curious to see an entire bike done though.

I bought a new king tour pak and plastidiped it. Not sure I like it but I'll be using it on my next long distance ride and will post results of its durability. Although around the edges of the lid it's already starting to peel.

A friend plastidips her entire bike every few months, just to change colors and she seems to like it though.

I have a few parts plasti dipped. I did a bunch of powder coating and then ended up getting a good deal (free) on chrome saddlebag protectors just after I got my powder coated stuff back. When I asked them to do the saddlebag protectors they wanted to charge me a minimum of $150 to get them done. Which was more than I paid for all the other parts I had done. So I decided to plasti dip them until I got enough parts to send in for powder coat. I also experimented with it. After I finished the plasti dip I took a can of spray varathane and put 4 coats on it. 5 years later they still look the same. And they look good. No one can tell the difference.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469