Riding Boots

DMC

Sep 8, 2016
I have two pairs of riding boots I bought from Harley. While they are comfortable I do not like the soles. Swear them even when not riding. I believe the ones I have are called the Stealth. They look like a black hiking boot. I've had them re-soled twice. About every other year. The biggest problem is that they do not grip on wet pavement as they should. They are in need of re-soling again. I do not particularly like anything out by Harley right now. I'd like a 6 or 8 inch boot. I'd prefer to have a zipper on the side. And most important, I want soles that are slip resistant. Any suggestions?????

I wear the Stealth boot and love them. Though I've only had them about 6 months, and I wear them everyday, they still look new. Even though it never rains in SoCal, they seem to grip wet pavement fine. At first I wanted a zipper but I have them on my other two boots, a Bates military style jump boot and an engineer looking boot from Harley, I prefer the lace. I also have a pair of Columbia hiking boots that are super comfortable but not heavy enough for riding.

Wolverine makes a lot of Harley's boots....

Last edited:
then buy serious boots... forget harley

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI NXT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

This is a little off topic, but ......
I wear boot cut jeans, and ride with my feet on the highway pegs alot.
My jeans usually crawl up my leg which is very annoying.
I bought the clips with the elastic but they didn't work well for me.
So I pop-rivited the clip to the front of my boots. When the clip is closed my jeans cover it completely. Before riding I open the clip and hook on my jeans. Before getting off the bike, I open the clip, release my jeans, close clip and cover with my jeans. Problem solved.

Attachments

• IMG_4116.jpg
    IMG_4116.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4117.jpg
    IMG_4117.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4118.jpg
    IMG_4118.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4119.jpg
    IMG_4119.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 0
THAT'S WHY I'M ON THIS SITE. Though I don't have any need for the clips, they look absolutely wicked and custom. That's an awesome job! It's thinking like that that gets me through some of the 'projects' on the SGS. Just today I closed the hideous opening in the top back of my Danny Gray backrest. The back rest is a total cheap piece of over-priced s***, but it's the only back rest that fits the Danny Gray Airhawk solo. There was an opening at the top of the plastic back that made the backrest look unfinished- and now I know why- It looks like they saw cut (very badly and not level) the plug off to accommodate the bar if you have the backrest placed all the way down to the top of the seat. That cheap a** look has been bothering me for a loooong time. Finally, I got a piece of 1/4" thick black craft foam, covered it with a piece of pebble grain vinyl- cut from a business card holder, shaped it, and super glued that sucker in- BAM! Hole covered with a custom fit piece. These machines sometimes really make us flex our creative muscle.
Way to go DMC, those clips look very good! I’m freakin crackin myself up.

Nice work bones... Yeah. Bones... What brand boots are those.. I only have a crappy pair of harley.. Momma bought em ... Need a good quality pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried a lot of boots... best I've had? Icon Prep... Solid, comfortable, very protective...

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI NXT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave