Rockord fosgate Power Harley-Davidson® Street Glide Front Audio Kit

2015FlHXS

Aug 29, 2015
Does anyone have any feedback on the Rockford Fosgate amp and speaker kit? Seems to be plug n play and the price point is not high.

Thanks,
Chris

Haven't seen anything on this kit (actually the first I'm hearing of it) but the power amp seems good from what I've heard. If the speakers are built to match, I'd say it's a good kit. There's a few audio gurus on here so hopefully they chime in!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Im having mine done with the HD14-TKIT, suppose you are talking the same one. Mine will be installed on next month, hoping for a good result. I have had the Boom Box upgrade and that was a total waste of $$

I'm looking at the same at my local dealer. Mind letting me know what the cost will be installed and do you know if a flash is needed?

So $ 850 is a good price for 2 speakers and a small amp ? That is horrible. For $1000 i put 2 15's and a 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate amp in my wrangler.

I have the Rockford Fosgate kit sounds great and was easy to install. There are 2 different kits ones is like a step one kit(Punch Series.) The power series is the $1000 dollar kit it has more power and higher rated speaker. Both are great kits. Side note I just put in the rear speaker lid kit from Fosgate extremely happy! Every thing is plug and play couldn't of made it any easier.

I see you guys. Have the RF Harley kit. Are you running the system with or without a radio flash? Or a line leveler ?

I see you guys. Have the RF Harley kit. Are you running the system with or without a radio flash? Or a line leveler ?

I’m wondering the same thing.... Does the system come with a line leveler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just had the Rockford Fosgate HD14-Tkit installed and am very happy with the results. But now I want to know do I have to get the head unit flashed. This is on a 2016 FLHXS

I had the front speaker and amp kit installed and it does sound good with no distortion. HD dealer did install along with a Rockford supported flash. I'm happy with the cost and sound quality.

This is a really nice kit. If you're pretty handy and have the time, the install is pretty easy. The hard part was removing the pods but if you have the tools as mentioned in the video, you'd be fine.
The sound is clean, even above 70+mph.
And yes, I had the bike Flashed to RF's suggestion.

This is a really nice kit. If you're pretty handy and have the time, the install is pretty easy. The hard part was removing the pods but if you have the tools as mentioned in the video, you'd be fine.
The sound is clean, even above 70+mph.
And yes, I had the bike Flashed to RF's suggestion.

I just ordered the kit. The Rockford Fosgate Technician in the video recommends a flexible socket extension for 3/8ths drive. Any other special tool recommendations?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forget that. You really need a 10mm Flexible Pivoting Head Ratchet Combination Spanner wrench. In every Video you watch the guys have all these extensions and angles ......and If you watch all the videos they never show them using it in real time. The above mentioned wrench will make your life much easier.

Forget that. You really need a 10mm Flexible Pivoting Head Ratchet Combination Spanner wrench. In every Video you watch the guys have all these extensions and angles ......and If you watch all the videos they never show them using it in real time. The above mentioned wrench will make your life much easier.

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi...I've I stalled this and concur...toughest part were the pods...thing rocks my Judas Priest now!

Hi! Had the TKIT installed after flashing the boom thanks to my local audio dealer who had the devices to flash provided by RFs Europe distributor.

Anyhow .. it seems missing a bit eq tuning - however impossible with that boom 6.5 (2014).

any idea here?

thx, Kristian

I installed the stage 2 kit with a 4 channel amp. (HD14SGRG) Had it flashed by a RF Dealer. Its seriously too loud, have to keep it at 70 % or so or my ears ring all the next day.
The two lower fairing speakers only add 20% to the overall volume but i still like having them. The flash is required to activate the two lower speaker channels ( unless your bike came with 4 speakers) but i did run it with only the upper fairing speakers and it was plenty loud. Had it running for about 3 weeks now and i will be adjusting the inputs to see if i can add a little more bass because it is lacking in that department.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith