Sig P365 new for 2018

The wife has a P238 380 but she won't let me touch it so I got me the Ruger LCP II 380 I carry in my inside pocket and keep a S&W M&P 40 in my saddlebag....both with extra mags.

A friend has a P226 Legion 9mm, I have been reading about that firearm. It's a sweet gun for the price with all the upgrades. I will keep my eye out on a deal for one, either Legion 226 or 229.....

I am still waiting for my preorder P365, now I heard due to few issues with the released P365 from customers they have stopped shipping and looking into them. They think the issue is how shooters are shooting, not used to the gun or it actually has issues. I watched few YouTube videos and found going into battery issue, misfire issue, and firing pin issue with one shooter. I also found some shooters using 115 grain ammo and having issue with not going into battery, when they switched to 124 or 147 grain not one issue. So I am thinking during break-in period one should not use 115 grain, and go with 124 or higher grain ammo, then after several hundred rounds they can use whatever grain from there.

So I may not get mine until they have figure out if there is actual legitimate issue, I am next in line but I rather have one that works.....LOL!

Last edited:
I have been checking at my local Sig Elite shop for my P365, I am 3rd inline and still waiting. I have been there so many times and looking at other Sig firearms and have my eye on Legion P229......dang, I talked to the shop and got a deal so I bit the bullet and now I am a proud owner of Legion P229. Dang, still can't believe the price on one...whew!!!! But the gun is every bit of what I expected, a lot lighter than what I thought and sweet trigger, oh man I am really digging it. Now I will forget about my P365, I don't care when I get it, the trigger between them is like day & night.

maxresdefault.jpg

I have been checking at my local Sig Elite shop for my P365, I am 3rd inline and still waiting. I have been there so many times and looking at other Sig firearms and have my eye on Legion P229......dang, I talked to the shop and got a deal so I bit the bullet and now I am a proud owner of Legion P229. Dang, still can't believe the price on one...whew!!!! But the gun is every bit of what I expected, a lot lighter than what I thought and sweet trigger, oh man I am really digging it. Now I will forget about my P365, I don't care when I get it, the trigger between them is like day & night.
View attachment 14181
Very nice looking gun, I gotta check it out.
I don't like being a beta tester with guns (P365).

I was told Sig stopped shipping and looked into some issues folks are reporting and tweaked what all is needed. Now resume shipping again and the ones they are shipping have few corrections with barrel issue and recoil spring upgrade. So when I get my P365 it should be the updated version. Hoping next week if not the week after. I am still blown away with my Legion P229, will take it out coming weekend and test my new target system I bought off CITTAC maker.

Finally got my P365, wow it's everything I have been reading and heard. It's very small but not so small that it feels awkward to hold, actually it fits so well and very much manageable. Perfect weapon for concealing, using 12 round mag for concealment is exactly what I need. I am very pleased with it, Sig Elite shop told me there are now 30 preorders after me.....wow!

Sig Legion P229 trigger is still much better than P365, though P365 has great trigger and better than most of the handguns out there. I can't wait to go out this weekend and test both guns.... :D

My P226 Elite SAO has an outstanding trigger.
It's one of the best pistols I have ever owned!
I'll get a P229 too the second they make an SAO version...

My P226 Elite SAO has an outstanding trigger.
It's one of the best pistols I have ever owned!
I'll get a P229 too the second they make an SAO version...

SRT feature on some of the Sig firearm is out of this world.......totally amazing!

Do you know when they are coming out with SAO version for P229?

Finally got my P365, wow it's everything I have been reading and heard. It's very small but not so small that it feels awkward to hold, actually it fits so well and very much manageable. Perfect weapon for concealing, using 12 round mag for concealment is exactly what I need. I am very pleased with it, Sig Elite shop told me there are now 30 preorders after me.....wow!

Sig Legion P229 trigger is still much better than P365, though P365 has great trigger and better than most of the handguns out there. I can't wait to go out this weekend and test both guns.... :D
How is the weight with 12 rounds concealed? I'm very interested in this gun. Was going for the glock 42 till I heard about this 365.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How is the weight with 12 rounds concealed? I'm very interested in this gun. Was going for the glock 42 till I heard about this 365.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Much lighter than my Glock 27 or Taurus PT111.....light enough that I don't feel as I am carrying a gun. I totally recommend this gun for concealment.

serdvd6- I'm left handed and use a custom made OWB mostly or a rear pocket sticky holster. I have 2 P938's, here's the other one.
attachment.php

What's the cant on your holster....30 degree?

I have been communicating with Kester Farms Custom holsters and really like how their holsters are made so I put my order in for my Sig Legion.....I was told 2 weeks before I get it.

I have been watching how these holsters are made and another small business Stitch Dex holsters makes great holsters also. Stitch Dex holsters offer laser etching which is very cool and prices are very reasonable also. Both Kester Farms & Stitch Dex holsters make great holsters with top thick grain leather. I saw some other outfits that offer holsters also but thin leather and they want just as much for holsters.

99c8beb0b99c656e98b80df9542193ee

Attachments

• 99c8beb0b99c656e98b80df9542193ee.jpg
    99c8beb0b99c656e98b80df9542193ee.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
Legend p229 is bad to the bone nice wish I could find a deal do you know the history behind the legend series

Legend p229 is bad to the bone nice wish I could find a deal do you know the history behind the legend series

I don't, all I know is Legion series are high end guns of Sig line. I went out this morning and drop some ammo down range and HOLY BATMAN.....now I know why Legion series line is much more expensive than the rest. Tigger on it is out of this world, reset on the trigger is WOW......

I also shot my P365 and once I figure it out I was on target with no issues. Issues that some folks were reporting must be fixed, I did not have one issue. I shot 250 rounds through it, wife did few rounds and her thumb was up higher so once it did not lock back. Just that one time, once I told her to keep her thumb lower she had no issue. Gun function so well that 10/12 rounds seem too fast.....LOL!

Haven't heard anything about an SAO P229 yet.
I think it's on a few people's wish list is all.
The P226 SAO has been a good seller for them so I'm hoping they'll build one...

I run a few different Sig 320s. Pretty decent piece for the money. The Carry model is fairly comfortable for a 17 round mag. Normally I carry an XDS.45 or a Ruger LCR in .38.
But, tomorrow is a big day. I pick my new Sig 226 Legion in 9.
The instructor at the range we go to is a retired SEAL. We swapped pistols for a few mags. My 320 XCarry for his 226 Legion. I was hooked. That GG SRT is phenomenal. Gonna be a long day.
I also got ahold of StitchDex about that same Sig Legion holster posted previously. $220.
For now I’ll use a Safariland 7378 ALS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469