Stock seat question

Teddy4975

Sep 15, 2017
Alright guys. Picked up the new 2018 sg standard today. Stock seat isn't horrible but i feel like it is pushing me towards the gas tank. I have to keep scooting my butt back. What feature in a new seat would stop that? I'm 5'10" with a32 inch inseam

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Alright guys. Picked up the new 2018 sg standard today. Stock seat isn't horrible but i feel like it is pushing me towards the gas tank. I have to keep scooting my butt back. What feature in a new seat would stop that? I'm 5'10" with a32 inch inseam

Teddy,
Congratulations on your new ride!
Stock HD seats are not shaped well and are constructed on a cheap plastic base which is very flexible and can collapse a bit till it touches the frame. Aftermarket seats such as Mustang and others are constructed using a rigid fiberglass seat base with rubber bumpers contacting the frame at many points. Aftermarket seat manufacturers also take the time to better shape seat to rider.
Street Glide driver position is about 1-1/2 inches rearward than an Ultra or full dress bagger. Or, If you were to put a HD touring seat on your Glide it would move you 1-1/2" forward.

Woah I'm not the only one who feels like they keep sliding forward? I was starting to think I was a freak!

I went with a Mustang sport touring seat, didn't like the whole sliding forward thing and no low support. Had a sundowner on the 14 and it too made me slide forward like mad, to the point I opened it up and modded the foam myself.

If you otherwise like the stock seat, I'd consider mean city. I haven't used them but I hear nothing but praise from other people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Me too, MCC... Giant difference
attachment.php

Attachments

• 44134077-F93A-4FFD-9CC8-E6B63883F0C8.jpg
    44134077-F93A-4FFD-9CC8-E6B63883F0C8.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 0
I had the same problem and sent my saddle out to MCC also. They shaved the sides, took out the tailbone, added memory foam and extra foam for the passenger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith