Stock vs Hammock vs ??

trublupsu94

Apr 15, 2016
I was looking for some recommendations on seats. I have the stock seat and use it when I ride solo. I bought by bike used and the previous owner gave me the hammock he bought also. I only use that seat when 2 up. The hammock is great for the passenger but is awful for me. Feels like I am riding on the gas tank and pushes me too far forward.

Recently I had LA Choppers 12” twin peaks put on my SGS. I used to need to be away from the bars more to be comfortable. With the new bars I am perfect.

The stock seat is good for fit for me now. I sit where I need to. Not too high, not too low and distance is perfect.

What seat could I get that would sit me the same as the stock seat but be more comfortable in a one up and two up configuration? Any one have similar issue as I?

Thanks

I had the stock seat modified by Mean City Cycles, I was having a "tailbone" issue, they put a "banana" cut in it, shaved the sides so my legs were more straight at stops, and installed some memory foam. I can ride all day now with no discomfort, this was the 3rd seat they did for me, and I hve been very happy with all. 17 SGS

LaPera Sorrento works great for me. I have 10" twin peaks and the Sorrento is in the same position as the stock seat but narrower so it feels a little lower. My wife likes this seat much better than the stock seat and I think it still looks good solo. I was after one seat that would do both. See pics.SG-bath5.jpg

I was looking for some recommendations on seats. I have the stock seat and use it when I ride solo. I bought by bike used and the previous owner gave me the hammock he bought also. I only use that seat when 2 up. The hammock is great for the passenger but is awful for me. Feels like I am riding on the gas tank and pushes me too far forward.

Recently I had LA Choppers 12” twin peaks put on my SGS. I used to need to be away from the bars more to be comfortable. With the new bars I am perfect.

The stock seat is good for fit for me now. I sit where I need to. Not too high, not too low and distance is perfect.

What seat could I get that would sit me the same as the stock seat but be more comfortable in a one up and two up configuration? Any one have similar issue as I?

Thanks

The stock SG seat driver position is 1-1/2" farther back than the Ultras and Road Glide full dress baggers. The Hammock seat is made for the Ultra and so it is 1-1/2" forward from the SG seat that is why your chocking on the Gas tank.
The Mustang Summit seat is made specifically for 2014-2018 touring and is similar to the Riding position of the SG stock seat; 1-1/2" farther back from the stock Ultra and Hammock seats. The Mustang is also wider for Driver and Passenger.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469