Tall Rider seat

Benp

Feb 21, 2017
I know this has been beaten to death, but I can not make up my mind. I've looked around everywhere and can't find what I need.

I have looked, online, and sort of settled on either the Ultimate tall boy or Le Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs. I do not like that the Ultimate raises you up about 1 1/2". I have an 8.5" klock werks flare, and don't want to go any higher, but am still getting slapped in forehead by the wind, so if anything I'd like to go back and down, but I also want something that will be comfortable and not being able to test anything before I buy, with the exception of HD seats. Which I tried their tall boy and wasn't a fan. I also hate to spend $500+ on a seat then send it off and spend another $200-$300 to be adjusted further.

Am I missing anything? Something I overlooked? Any advice would be awesome and appreciated.

It's not just the seat you need. You will have to move your hands up and forward and feet forward. I don't say down for your feet because the foot boards drag already.

Ive got the boards out 1" and forward 1", with the extended brake and shifter with 14" bars. The seat is the last to move.

I have a list in my signature below.
Room for my size 14's and length for my arms.
My boards do scrap once in awhile... but its not bad at all and I'm quite comfy!

I'm 6'1. Purchased the ultimate tall boy and it was comfortable on my butt. It actually moved me forward though. I did a measurement with the stock seat and the ultimate and it was in fact forward about an inch. When I called ultimate on it they tried telling me it was because of how the rise is on the lower back part of the seat. I returned it and went with the mustang super touring. Best decision I ever made. It in fact moved me back about two inches and up about an inch. With 16" aps I'm very comfortable.

I have just put 100 Km today on my fresh new C&C Sport Tour seat and I'm very happy with it.

I'm 6.1" and needed a seat that moved me 2" back and 1" down from SGS stock seat.

I also moved 1" forward my floorboards (Harley OEM kit) .

Standard C&C seats move you back 1" from stock but additionally you can order up to 2" backwards (or forward).

C&C Sport Tour is a quite comfortable 2up seat without been too bulky, but I'm not sure if it is a seat for really long hauls, specially for the passenger.

On my Fat Boy I had a LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs and I can tell you that is very similar (almost identical riding position and comfort) to C&C Sport Tour, but LePera is much heavier and probably more comfortable for a passenger. Both seats are good quality but really overpriced.

It's been a while since I've been Back here. I ended up with a two piece Ultimate Tall Boy seat. What sold me was the 14 day trial period, I wasn't willing to gamble on a $500-$700 seat that wouldn't work. I've probably put 1500-2000 miles on it so far and am very happy. I put about 300 miles on last Saturday, we left at 730am and it was probably 3pm before I really started to feel any discomfort in my seat, stopping every hour and half or so for gas or a short break.

It sits me up about an inch and back about 2. I wasn't in love with the inch up because the top my head was already in the wind with an 8.5" Klock Works and I didn't want to go any higher. So I just throw a bandana or hat on to break up the wind a bit and ride.

My passenger was about the same, she said her butt never really got uncomfortable. I also really like I can take that sofa cushion off the back when she's not riding any give the bike a cleaner look.

First time buying Harley, very excited! I read that you guys are done with this topic. But I do NOT know what I am doing, looking for some help please. I am 6' 3" 200lbs, was thinking about the Le Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs. I like the idea of going down the 1" with the 2" back. Has anyone had a real problem with this seat? My passenger is 5' 10" 130lbs, is the back seat good to ride on? Also, what is the best looking back rest that looks good that works? The seat will be a start for me and then I will work on the foot ext. and the handle bars. Thanks for your input in advanced!

I'm 6.1 and I have the Drag Specialities extended reach seat and it is damn near to far back sits you down low and way back from tank very comfortable for long rides Dennis Kirk has it for $399 back rest is around $184 has the solar reflective material stays cool in direct sunlight .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469